2022 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray IMSA GTLM Championship Edition
The 2022 Chevrolet Corvette IMSA GTLM Championship Edition is a limited-run version of the 2022 Corvette Stingray built to celebrate the automaker’s championship-winning season in the 2020 IMSA WeatherTech Series. It debuted in Detroit on June 9th, 2021, and is colloquially referred to as the C8.R Edition.
|Assembly Location||GM Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kentucky, USA|
|Body Style(s)||Coupe, Convertible|
|Engine(s)||6.2L LT2 V8|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico|
The 2022 Chevrolet Corvette IMSA GTLM Championship Edition is based on the 3LT trim level and features the following standard equipment:
- Z51 Performance Package
- Graphics packages that mimic the No. 3 Corvette C8.R and No. 4 Corvette C8.R sister car:
- The No. 3 edition features an Accelerate Yellow body with gray graphics
- The No. 4 edition has a Hypersonic Gray exterior with yellow graphics
- Yellow brake calipers
- Black-painted Trident alloy wheels with Jake logo center caps
- Carbon Flash-painted exterior mirrors
- Black-painted side rockers
- Black splash guards
- Strike Yellow and Sky Cool Gray upholstery
- GT2 seats (Competition Sport Bucket Seats are also available)
- Yellow seatbelts and a C8.R Special Edition numbered plaque
- Custom-fitted indoor car cover
- Rendered to the appearance of either the No. 3 or No. 4 Corvette C8.R race car, depending on the model
Production & Pricing
Chevrolet says it will build 1,000 examples of the 2022 Corvette IMSA GTLM Championship Edition, and it will be exclusive to left-hand-drive markets. The special edition will be offered as a separate equipment package and will add $6,595 to the price of a 2022 Corvette 3LT.
During the first full season of the new mid-engine Corvette C8.R, Corvette Racing and the Corvette C8.R won the Manufacturers, Drivers and Team titles in the 2020 IMSA WeatherTech championship.
“Racing has been part of the Corvette’s DNA from nearly the beginning,” GM sports car racing program manager, Laura Klauser, said in a statement. “Both the Corvette Stingray and C8.R have seen tremendous success capitalizing on the benefits of a mid-engine platform – and we’re just getting started.”
Discuss the 2022 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray IMSA GTLM Championship Edition in our Chevrolet forum.
There’s not much Chevy left in this custom Corvette.
Mid-engine Chevy facing down AWD and two turbos.