Chevrolet Colorado Trail Boss
The Chevrolet Colorado Trail Boss pickup truck was actually the first model to implement the sub-brand’s off-road oriented nomenclature, making its debut for the 2016 model year in North America before being replaced by the Colorado ZR2 model in 2017. The Colorado Trail Boss duo would resurface later on in the Southeast Asian market for the 2019 and 2020 model years, and is now making a return to the North American market for the 2022 model year.
Colorado Trail Boss (North America)
When the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Trail Boss pickup truck debuted the Trail Boss sub-brand, it featured black 17-inch wheels wrapped in aggressive Goodyear DuraTrac tires and a new sport bar with LED lighting, enabling adventures to continue past sundown.
|2.5L LCV I4, 2.8L LWN Duramax I4, 3.6 LGZ V6
|6-Speed Auto, 8-Speed Auto
|Two-Wheel or Four-Wheel-Drive
Altogether, the original Colorado Z71 Trail Boss featured the following equipment:
- Z71 off-road truck suspension package
- Automatic locking rear differential
- Transfer case shield on four-wheel-drive models
- Front recovery hooks
- Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 265/65R17 all-terrain tires
- 17-inch dark argent metallic painted cast-aluminum wheels
- GearOn moveable cargo tie-down rings, load bar and cargo divider
- Black, three-inch round rocker steps
- Black fender flares
- Spray-on bedliner
- Projector beam headlamps
- Front fog lamps
- Rear black Chevy bowtie
- All-weather floor mats with Z71 logo
At the time, the Colorado Z71 Trail Boss was only available for a single model year before being replaced by the Colorado ZR2.
The Trail Boss made a comeback for the 2022 model year of the Chevy Colorado.
This time, the package was available on either LT (4LT) or Z71 (4Z7) models and includes the following dealer-installed (LPO-level) content:
- 17-inch High gloss Black wheels (SE0)
- Red recovery hooks
- Black tailgate lettering
- Black Colorado emblems
- Front 1-inch Leveling Kit
- Performance front Skid Plate
- Performance mid Skid Plate
- For LT models, the package also includes Black Bowtie Emblem Package and is not available with:
- Chrome Appearance Package
- Redline Special Edition or
- Any other LPO wheels
- For Z71 models, the package is not available with:
- Z71 Midnight Edition or
- Any other LPO wheels
Colorado Trail Boss (International)
The Colorado Trail Boss was also added to the international Chevy Colorado model lineup.
|2019 – 2020
|2.5L XLD25 Duramax I4
For the mid-size pickup truck, the Trail Boss model includes the 2.5L XLD I-4 turbo-diesel Duramax engine, while adding a variety of exterior design upgrades, such as black Bow Tie badging and a black grille, Trail Boss badging, a thick sport bar, fender flares, and unique 18-inch wheels.
Notably, this model was only available for the 2019 and 2020 model years, after which GM withdrew the Chevrolet brand (including the Colorado model) from Thailand, along with most Southeast Asian markets.
Discuss Chevrolet Colorado Trail Boss models in our Chevrolet forum.
Colorado Trail Boss News
In a car wash and elsewhere.
Something to better bridge the gap to the ZR2.