2021 Chevrolet Colorado
The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado receives various updates consisting of updates to exterior, interior and powertrain, representing the seventh model year of the second-generation Colorado.
While this light update is as close to a mid-cycle refresh/MCE as it gets, it is not an official refresh/MCE, but a light update of sorts that’s as close to an MCE as it gets, without it being an official MCE. We initially expected the Colorado refresh to arrive for the 2019 and 2020 model years, neither of which took place.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of Base (2SA) model
- Revised front fascias
- Z71 models now include a Black bowtie on the grille
- ZR2 Off-Road Package now includes “CHEVROLET” lettered grille with “flowtie”
- Deletion of Work Truck Appearance Package
- Addition of three exterior colors
- Deletion of five exterior colors
- Addition of three wheel and one tire option
- Deletion of five wheel and three tire options
- Inside, rearview auto-dimming mirror is now standard on LT models
- Addition of Chrome Appearance Package
- Custom Special Edition RPO code changed
- Deletion of Colorado RST Special Edition
- Deletion of Colorado Trail Runner Special Edition
- Addition and deletion of various LPO-level items
See complete 2021 Chevrolet Colorado changelog.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 Chevy Colorado will continue to be offered as a midsize pickup truck with the following cab and bed configurations:
- Extended Cab, Long Box
- Crew Cab, Short Box
- Crew Cab, Long Box
The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado continues to be offered with the following powertrain options:
|Engine||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Rear Axle|
|2.5L I-4 LCV gasoline||6-speed automatic MYB||200 @ 6300||191 @ 4400||4.10|
|3.6L V-6 LGZ gasoline||8-speed automatic M5T||308 @ 6800||275 @ 4000||3.42|
|2.8L I-4 LWN diesel||6-speed automatic MYB||181 @ 3400||369 @ 2000||3.42|
Model Lineup / Trim Levels
The 2021 Colorado sees a slight change to the trim level lineup, by deleting the base model.
|Trim level:||Base||Work Truck||LT||Z71||ZR2|
|Equipment group:||2SA||2WT, 4WT||2LT, 4LT||2Z7, 4Z7||4ZR|
|Trim level:||Work Truck||LT||Z71||ZR2|
|Equipment group:||2WT, 4WT||2LT, 4LT||2Z7, 4Z7||4ZR|
Like all second-generation units of the Chevy Colorado, the 2021 Colorado continues to ride on the GMT 31XX platform shared with the following vehicles:
- 2015 and newer GMC Canyon
- 2013 and newer Chevrolet and Holden Colorado for international markets
- 2014 and newer Chevrolet Trailblazer, also known as the Holden Colorado 7 and Holden Trailblazer
We expect the 2021 Chevy Colorado to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch on or before the third quarter of calendar year 2020.
We expect that the current, second-generation Chevrolet Colorado will remain in production for at least the thru the 2022 model year, and that an all-new, future Chevy Colorado will launch for the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2021 Chevy Colorado in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Colorado news.
- 2021 Chevrolet Colorado Changes, Updates, New Features