2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
The 2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 receives various updates for the sixth model year of the second-generation Colorado.
The following is a list of highlighted features that make the Colorado ZR2 distinctly different from the other 2020 Chevrolet Colorado models:
- Segment-exclusive Multimatic DSSVTM position-sensitive dampers
- 2-inch suspension lift
- Cast iron control arms
- 3.5-inch wider track
- Standard front and rear electronic locking differentials
- Autotrac transfer case
- Off-road rocker protection
- Multiple skid plates
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Introduction of remote locking tailgate
- Standard on ZR2 models
- Introduction of Tire Fill Alert on all models
- Chevrolet Infotainment Premium system with Navigation (IOT) replaced with Chevrolet Infotainment Plus system with Navigation (IOU)
See detailed 2020 Colorado ZR2 changes, updates and new features here: 2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2020 Chevy Colorado ZR2 is offered as a midsize pickup truck with the following cab and bed configurations:
- Extended Cab, Long Box
- Crew Cab, Short Box
Model Lineup / Trim Levels
The 2020 Colorado ZR2 is the range topping model, slotting above all other trim levels.
|Trim level:||Base||Work Truck||LT||Z71||ZR2|
|Equipment group:||2SA||2WT, 4WT||2LT, 4LT||2Z7, 4Z7||4ZR|
The 2020 Colorado ZR2 is offered with the following powertrain options:
|Engine||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Rear Axle|
|3.6L V-6 LGZ Gasoline||8-Speed Automatic (M5T)||308 @ 6800||275 @ 4000||3.42|
|2.8L I-4 LWN Diesel||6-Speed Automatic (MYB)||181 @ 3400||369 @ 2000||3.42|
Like all second-generation units of the Chevy Colorado, the 2020 Colorado ZR2 rides on the GMT 31XX platform shared with the following vehicles:
- 2015 and newer GMC Canyon
- 2013 and newer Chevrolet and Holden Colorado for international markets
- 2014 and newer Chevrolet Trailblazer, also known as the Holden Colorado 7 and Holden Trailblazer
We expect the 2020 Chevy Colorado ZR2 to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch on or before the third quarter of calendar year 2020.
After entering the market for the 2017 model year, the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 has remained in production thru the 2021 model year, at which time it received various updates, including an all-new, lettered, flow-through “Chevrolet” front fascia, standard red tow hooks, and three new exterior colors.
At this time, we expect a future Chevy Colorado to launch for the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2020 Chevy Colorado ZR2 in our Chevrolet forum.
Colorado ZR2 News
And in a river, for variety.
An incredible amount of effort and prep is required to enable Chase 7 to do its job.
- 2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Changes, Updates, New Features