2020 Chevrolet Colorado
The 2020 Chevrolet Colorado receives a few minor changes and updates.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of 2WD Z71 Extended Cab model (12P53)
- Deletion of 2WD Z71 Crew Cab Long Box (12V43)
- Introduction of remote locking tailgate
- Introduction of Tire Fill Alert on all models
- EZ-lift tailgate is now standard on LT models
- Deletion of Jet Black/Dark Ash leather-appointed interior
- Chevrolet Infotainment Premium system with Navigation (IOT) replaced with Chevrolet Infotainment Plus system with Navigation (IOU)
- Jet Black leather appointed interior on LT models now requires Luxury Package and Crew Cab model
- Safety Package is now available on Z71 models (previously only available on LT models)
- Deletion of Redline Luxury Special Edition Package
- Deletion of RST Luxury Special Edition
- Chrome Luxury Package changes to Luxury Package and is now available on Crew Cab model only
- Redline Special Edition and Colorado RST Special Edition are now available with Luxury Package
The 2020 Chevy Colorado continues to be offered as a midsize pickup truck with the following cab and bed configurations:
- Extended Cab, Long Box
- Crew Cab, Short Box
- Crew Cab, Long Box
However, not all trim levels and drivetrain combinations are availability in conjunction with all body styles.
The 2020 Chevrolet Colorado continues with the same powertrain combinations as the 2019 model.
|Engine||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Rear Axle|
|2.5L I-4 LCV gasoline||6-speed automatic MYB||200 @ 6300||191 @ 4400||4.10|
|3.6L V-6 LGZ gasoline||8-speed automatic M5T||308 @ 6800||275 @ 4000||3.42|
|2.8L I-4 LWN diesel||6-speed automatic MYB||181 @ 3400||369 @ 2000||3.42|
The 2020 Colorado sees several changes to the model lineup. The new model lineup is as follows:
|Drive Wheels||Trim Level||Body||Model Code|
|2WD / 4WD||Base / WT||Extended Cab||12M53|
|2WD / 4WD||WT||Crew Cab Short Box||12M43|
|2WD / 4WD||WT||Crew Cab Long Box||12T43|
|2WD / 4WD||LT||Extended Cab||12N53|
|2WD / 4WD||LT||Crew Cab Short Box||12N43|
|2WD / 4WD||LT||Crew Cab Long Box||12U43|
|2WD / 4WD||Z71||Crew Cab Short Box||12P43|
|4WD||Z71||Crew Cab Long Box||12V43|
|4WD||Crew Cab Short Box||12P43|
The 2020 Colorado continues being offered in the following trim levels:
- Base (2SA)
- Work Truck:
- 2WD (2WT)
- 4WD (4WT)
- 2WD (2LT)
- 4WD (4LT)
- 2WD (2Z7)
- 4WD (4Z7)
- ZR2 (4ZR)
Like all second-generation units of the Chevy Colorado, the 2020 Colorado will continue to ride on the GMT 31XX platform shared with the following vehicles:
- 2015 and newer GMC Canyon
- 2013 and newer Chevrolet and Holden Colorado for international markets
- 2014 and newer Chevrolet Trailblazer, also known as the Holden Colorado 7 and Holden Trailblazer
The 2020 Chevy Colorado is assembled at the GM Wentzville factory in Missouri by GM USA.
The 2020 Chevy Colorado will follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch on or before the third quarter of calendar year 2019.
We expect that the current, second-generation Chevrolet Colorado will remain in production for at least the thru the 2022 model year, and that an all-new, future Chevy Colorado will launch for the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2020 Chevy Colorado in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Colorado news.
- 2020 Chevrolet Colorado Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2020 Chevrolet Colorado Colors
- 2020 Chevrolet Colorado Interior Colors
- 2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2