2019 Chevrolet Colorado
The Chevrolet Colorado receives various updates and changes to exterior, interior, and in-vehicle technology.
2019 Colorado Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of four exterior colors
- Addition of three new exterior colors
- Wheel changes:
- Deletion of 18″ Dark Argent metallic cast aluminum wheels
- Addition of 18″ Dark Argent metallic cast aluminum wheel (different RPO code and likely different wheel design)
- ZR2 models now feature black bowties
- Replacement of Chevrolet MyLink 7″ diagonal Color Touch Screen (IOB) with Chevrolet Infotainment System 3 with 7″ diagonal color touch-screen (IOR)
- Replacement Chevrolet MyLink 8″ diagonal Color Touch Screen (IO5) with Chevrolet Infotainment System Plus with 8″ diagonal HD color touch-screen (IOS)
- Deletion of Chevrolet MyLink 8″ diagonal Color Touch Screen Navigation (IO6) with Chevrolet Infotainment System with Navigation and 8″ diagonal HD color touch-screen (IOT)
- Replacement of USB port on instrument panel and USB port located inside center console with one type-A and one type-C USB data ports on the front console (includes SD Card Reader and auxiliary input jack)
- Addition of second in-cabin microphone for passenger
- Addition of HD Rear Vision Camera as standard on LT, Z71 and ZR2 trims
- Replacement of 4-way driver power with manual recline seat adjuster with 6-way power driver seat on LT, Z71 and ZR2 trims
- Addition of heated steering wheel as standard on Z71 and ZR2 trims and available on LT trim (requires Convenience Package and heated seats, and included with Luxury Package)
- Addition of Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist
- Deletion of Colorado Centennial Edition
- Deletion of Shoreline Special Edition – LT Cloth Package
- Deletion of Shoreline Special Edition – Luxury Package
- Luxury Package now includes heated steering wheel, which is new for 2019 model year
- Safety Package now includes Rear Park Assist, which is new for 2019 model year
- 2.5L LCV 4-cylinder engine becomes fleet only on 4WD Extended Cab models
- Discontinuation of manual transmission (mid-2019 model year)
Outside of these changes, it’s also possible that the 2019 Colorado will introduce a new Colorado ZR2 Bison variant that will be a more extreme version of the Colorado ZR2.
See complete 2019 Colorado changes, updates and new features.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2019 Chevy Colorado continues to be offered as a midsize pickup truck with the following cab and bed configurations:
- Extended Cab, Long Box
- Crew Cab, Short Box
- Crew Cab, Long Box
The 2019 Chevrolet Colorado continues to be offered with three engine choices.
|Engine||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Rear Axle|
|2.5L I-4 LCV gasoline||6-speed manual N8D*||200 @ 6300||191 @ 4400||4.10|
|2.5L I-4 LCV gasoline||6-speed automatic MYB||200 @ 6300||191 @ 4400||4.10|
|3.6L V-6 LGZ gasoline||8-speed automatic M5T||308 @ 6800||275 @ 4000||3.42|
|2.8L I-4 LWN diesel||6-speed automatic MYB||181 @ 3400||369 @ 2000||3.42|
- * Discontinued mid-2019 model year
The 2019 Colorado is offered in the following models:
- 2WD / 4WD Base/WT Extended Cab (12M53)
- 2WD / 4WD WT Crew Cab Short Box (12M43)
- 2WD / 4WD WT Crew Cab Long Box (12T43)
- 2WD / 4WD LT Extended Cab (12N53)
- 2WD / 4WD LT Crew Cab Short Box (12N43)
- 2WD / 4WD LT Crew Cab Long Box (12U43)
- 2WD / 4WD Z71 Extended Cab (12P53)
- 2WD / 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box (12P43)
- 2WD / 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Long Box (12V43)
- 4WD ZR2 Extended Cab (12P53)
- 4WD ZR2 Crew Cab Short Box (12P43)
The 2019 Colorado is offered in the following trim levels:
- Base (2SA)
- Work Truck:
- 2WD (2WT)
- 4WD (4WT)
- 2WD (2LT)
- 4WD (4LT)
- 2WD (2Z7)
- 4WD (4Z7)
- ZR2 (4ZR)
Like all second-generation units of the Chevy Colorado, the 2019 Colorado continues to ride on the GMT 31XX platform shared with the following vehicles:
- 2015 and newer GMC Canyon
- 2013 and newer Chevrolet and Holden Colorado for international markets
- 2014 and newer Chevrolet Trailblazer, also known as the Holden Colorado 7 and Holden Trailblazer
The 2019 Chevy Colorado follows the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launches on or before the third quarter of calendar year 2018.
We expect that the current, second-generation Chevrolet Colorado will remain in production for at least the thru the 2022 model year, and that an all-new, future Chevy Colorado will launch for the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2019 Chevy Colorado in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Colorado news.
- 2019 Chevrolet Colorado Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Chevrolet Colorado Colors
- 2019 Chevrolet Colorado Order Guide
- 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2