2016 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
We initially believed that Colorado ZR2 would launch for the 2016 model year. That did not take place, and we now believe that the truck will debut for the 2017 model year.
More information on the 2017 Colorado ZR2.
The Colorado ZR2 is rumored to be an upcoming off-road-focused variant of the Chevy Colorado midsize pickup truck.
Though details are scarce at the time of this writing, we do have the following tid-bits of information:
- Chevrolet revealed the Colorado ZR2 Concept at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
- General Motors filed a trademark application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office for the term ZR2 in August of 2012. The automaker has continued to pursue the ZR2 trademark into 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- Various Colorado ZR2 prototypes have been spotted:
- Undergoing testing in February 2016
- Undergoing desert testing in July 2016 (Crew Cab version)
- Undergoing testing in May 2016 (Extended Cab version)