2019 Chevrolet Camaro
The 2019 Camaro receives a mid-cycle refresh consisting of updates to exterior and features, representing the fourth model year of the sixth-generation Camaro. A mid-cycle refresh can otherwise be referred to as a facelift or a mid-cycle enhancement (MCE) in GM parlance.
Changes, Updates, New Features
Following are the changes, new features, and updates to the 2019 Camaro:
- New front facias for LS, LT, RS and SS models
- New rear fascia and sculpted LED taillamps
- Deletion of four exterior colors
- Addition of three new exterior colors
- Deletion of 11 exterior accessories (LPO)
- Addition of new 18″ silver-painted aluminum wheels (SGE) on
- Addition of six exterior accessories
- Replacement of Chevrolet MyLink radios (IOB/IO5/IO6) with three new Chevrolet Infotainment Systems (IOR, IOS, IOT)
- Deletion of two accessory (LPO) interior trim kits
- Deletion of Universal Home Remote feature
- Addition of Rear Camera Mirror
- Revised ambient lighting with new blended color choices
- Deletion of LS Convertible model (1AG67)
- Addition of 3LT Coupe (model 1AH37) and 3LT Convertible (model 1AH67)
- Deletion of Camaro Redline Edition
- Deletion of Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
- Addition of 1LE Track Performance Package for the Camaro with the 2.0L Turbo engine
- Addition of engine air filter life monitor on the 2.0L LTG Turbo I-4 and 3.6L LGX V-6 engines
- Addition of GM 10-speed automatic transmission as option on SS trim levels
See complete 2019 Camaro changes, updates and new features.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2019 Camaro has been spotted various times undergoing testing wearing camouflage on the front and rear ends:
- October 2017: spied with a tweaked front end design
- August 2017: spied high altitude testing with tweaked front and rear ends
The 2019 Chevy Camaro continues to be offered as a two-door coupe and two-door convertible body styles.
Like all sixth-generation units of the Chevrolet Camaro, the 2019 Camaro continues to ride on GM’s Alpha platform shared with the following vehicles:
The 2019 Camaro refresh continues with the same engines as the 2018 Camaro, but brings the new GM 10-speed automatic transmission for the SS model.
2019 Chevrolet Camaro Powertrain Summary
|Brand||Model||Engine RPO Code||Displacement (L / ci)||Layout & Cylinders||Valvetrain||Aspiration||Compression Ratio||Bore & Stroke (in / mm)||Fuel||Fuel Delivery||Valve Lifters||Engine Block Material||Cylinder Head Material||Wheel Drive||Transmission||Axle (Final Drive Ratio)||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)||Fuel Economy Automatic (City / Hwy)||Fuel Economy Manual (City / Hwy)|
|Chevrolet||Camaro||LTG||2.0 / 122||I-4||DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, CVVT||Turbocharged||9.5:1||3.38 x 3.38 / 86 x 86||Gasoline||SIDI (Spark Ignited Direct Injection)||Hydraulic roller finger follower||Cast aluminum 319T7 (lost foam cast aluminum)||Cast aluminum||RWD||6-speed manual (MN6) or 8-speed auto (MX0)||3.27||275 / 205 @ 5600 rpm||295 / 398.3 @ 3000-4500||31 / 22||30 / 20|
|Chevrolet||Camaro||LGX||3.6 / 219||V-6||DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, CVVT||Atmospheric||11.5:1||3.74 x 3.37 / 95 x 85.8||Gasoline||Direct, high-pressure fuel injection with electronic throttle control||Hydraulic roller finger follower||Cast aluminum w/ cast-in-place iron bore liners||Cast aluminum||RWD||6-speed manual (MN6) or 8-speed auto (MX0)||3.27 or 2.77||335 / 250 @ 6800||284 / 383.4 @ 5300||29 / 19||27 / 16|
|Chevrolet||Camaro||LT1||6.2 / 378||V-8||OHV, 2 valves per cylinder, VVT||Atmospheric||11.5:1||4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92||Gasoline||Direct injection||Hydraulic roller||Cast aluminum||Cast aluminum||RWD||6-speed manual (MN6) or 10-speed auto (MX0)||3.73 or 2.77||455 / 339.3 @ 6000||455 / 614.3 @ 4400||27 / 16||24 / 16|
|Chevrolet||Camaro||LT4||6.2 / 378||V-8||OHV, 2 valves per cylinder, VVT||Supercharged||10.0:1||4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92||Gasoline||Direct injection||Hydraulic roller||Cast aluminum||Cast aluminum||RWD||6-speed manual (MN6) or 10-speed auto (MX0)||3.73 or 2.85||650 / 485 @ 6400||650 / 881 @ 3600||21 / 13||20 / 14|
The 2019 Chevy Camaro follows the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch in the third quarter of the 2018 calendar year.
We expect that the sixth-generation Camaro will live on for the 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2023 model years, and that an all-new, future Chevy Camaro will launch in the vicinity of the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2019 Chevy Camaro in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Camaro news.
- 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Colors
- 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Order Guide
- 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Platform
- 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Powertrain
- 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Production, Manufacturing & Assembly Plant
- 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Wheels