2021 Chevrolet Blazer
The 2021 Chevrolet Blazer remains mostly unchanged, though the finer details have not yet been released. The 2021 model year represents the third model year of the all-new Blazer crossover.
Notably, a revision was made to the 2021i (2021 interim) Blazer Premier’s engine lineup, which now offers the turbocharged 2.0L I4 LSY gas unit as standard.
|Assembly Location||Ramos Arizpe Plant, Mexico|
|Body Style(s)||Mid-Size Crossover|
|Engine(s)||2.5L I4 (Gas), 2.0L I4 Turbo(Gas), 3.6L V6 (Gas)|
|Drive Wheels||Front-Wheel-Drive, All-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico|
|Predecessor||2020 Chevrolet Blazer|
|Successor||2022 Chevrolet Blazer|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Addition of four exterior color options
- Pewter Metallic
- Iron Gray
- Cayenne Orange
- Cherry Red Tintcoat
- Deletion of three exterior color options
- Nightfall Gray Metallic
- Graphite Metallic
- Cajun Red Tintcoat
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel no longer standard on L, 1LT or 2LT models
- These trims now have urethane steering wheel
- Deletion of Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium system with connected Navigation (IOT)
- Addition of Chevy Safety Assist, which is standard on standard on 2LT, 3LT, RS and Premier models and includes:
- Advanced All-Wheel Drive System is now exclusive to RS models
- The twin clutch technology is no longer included on Premier AWD models
- Trailering equipment available on FWD models with 3.6L LGX V6 engine
- 18-inch spare aluminum (RTX) wheel is now standard on RS FWD models
- Sound & Technology Package now includes Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus system with connected Navigation (IOU)
- Premier models now come standard with Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus system with connected Navigation
- Enhanced Convenience and Driver Confidence II Package has been repackaged and now includes:
- Bose premium 8-speaker system
- Memory settings
- Rear outboard heated seats
- Driver and front passenger ventilated seats
- Power tilt and telescoping steering column
- Driver Confidence II Package is now available on RS, and has been repackaged to now include:
- Wireless Charging
- HD Surround Vision
- Rear Camera Mirror
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking
- Safety Alert Seat
- LED headlamps
See detailed 2021 Chevrolet Blazer changes, updates and new features here: 2021 Blazer change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
The 2021 Chevrolet Blazer continues to be offered as a midsize crossover SUV with four doors and a liftback door.
Models & Trims
The 2021 Chevrolet Blazer is offered as a retail or fleet model, with the L being the base model.
2021 Blazer Retail & Fleet Models:
- FWD L (1NH26)
- FWD LT (1NK26)
- AWD LT (1NR26)
- FWD RS (1NL26)
- AWD RS (1NS26)
- FWD Premier (1NM26)
- AWD Premier (1NT26)
2021 Blazer Retail & Fleet Trims:
- L (1L0)
- RS (1RS)
- Premier (0HD)
The 2021 Chevrolet Blazer offers a total of nine exterior colors, four of which are new. The Blazer also offers three interior color options and three different seat trims.
The 2021 Blazer color options include:
- 11 Exterior Colors:
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
- Red Hot
- Silver Ice Metallic
- Summit White
- Pewter Metallic
- Iron Gray Metallic
- Cayenne Orange Metallic
- Bright Blue Metallic
- Midnight Blue Metallic
- Cherry Red Tintcoat
- 3 Interior Colors:
- Jet Black
- Dark Galvanize w/ Light Galvanize
- Jet Black w/ Maple Sugar
See complete 2021 Chevrolet Blazer colors info and availability here: 2021 Blazer colors.
The 2021 Chevrolet Blazer is expected to continue offering the latest safety and driver convenience technologies, just some of which include:
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Park Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Forward Collision Alert
- Following Distance Indicator
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Rear Pedestrian Alert
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Front and Rear Park Assist
The 2021 Chevrolet Blazer offers the following three engine and transmission choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|2.5L I-4 LCV||Gasoline||Atmospheric||9-speed Automatic M3D||193 @ 6300||188 @ 4400||3.80|
|2.0L I-4 LSY||Gasoline||Turbo||9-speed Automatic M3T||227 @ 500||258 @ 1500-4000||3.47|
|3.6L V-6 LGX||Gasoline||Atmospheric||9-speed Automatic M3V||308 @ 6600||270 @ 5000||3.49|
As mentioned, the 2.0-liter LSY turbo-four engine entered the lineup as a revision, and is standard on range-topping Premier models.
- GMC Acadia
- Cadillac XT5
- Cadillac XT6
- Buick Enclave (Chinese market)
- Three-row Chevrolet Blazer (Chinese market)
2021 Blazer price has yet to be announced, but we expect to a slight increase over the 2020 model year pricing, which started at $29,995.
We expect the 2021 Blazer to begin arriving on dealer lots during the second half of the 2020 calendar year.
We expect the current-generation Chevrolet Blazer will remain in production for at least the 2021, 2022, and 2023 model years. The product will likely undergo a refresh after the 2023 model year.
Chevrolet Blazer Exterior Dimensions
|Width (without mirrors):||76.7||1948|
Chevrolet Blazer Interior Dimensions
|Front Headroom (with sunroof / without sunroof):||39.8 / 38||1011 / 965|
|Rear Headroom (with sunroof / without sunroof):||38.6 / 36.8||980 / 935|
|Front shoulder room:||59.1||1501|
|Rear shoulder room:||58.6||1488|
|Front hip room:||55.6||1412|
|Rear hip room:||54.2||1377|
|Front step-in height:||18.5||470|
|Rear step-in height:||19.4||493|
|Ground to top of rear load floor:||30.4||772|
Chevrolet Blazer Capacities
|Seating Capacity (front / rear):||2/3|
|Passenger volume EPA (cu. ft. / L):||107.8 / 3052.9|
|Cargo Volume behind 1st row seat (cu. ft. / L)*:||64.2 / 1818.1|
|Cargo Volume behind 2nd row seat (cu. ft. / L)*:||30.5 / 863.8|
|Fuel capacity FWD model (gallon / liters):||19.4 / 73.4|
|Fuel capacity AWD model (gallon / liters):||21.7 / 82.1|
Discuss the 2021 Chevrolet Blazer in our Chevrolet forum.
Demand is outstripping supply. The offer includes Chevy cash allowance and GM Cardmember bonus earnings.
Demand is outstripping supply.
The offer includes Chevy cash allowance and GM Cardmember bonus earnings.
- 2021 Chevrolet Blazer Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2021 Chevrolet Blazer Colors