2020 Chevrolet Blazer
The 2020 Chevrolet Blazer receives several small updates and changes, consisting of the addition of a new turbo-charged engine for 2LT and 3LT models, new exterior colors, the introduction of a Redline Edition, the introduction of new towing assist features, and several other changes. The 2020 model year represents the second model year of the reintroduced Blazer crossover, which returned to market for the 2019 model year.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of one exterior color
- Addition of three new exterior colors
- Addition of Black Grille Bar Package as LPO-level option
- Addition of Exterior Decal Package as LPO-level option
- Addition of embroidered front row headrests with Blazer script as LPO-level option
- Addition of Hitch Guidance with Hitch View feature
- Addition of Stop/start system override engine control
- Addition of turbo-charged 2.0 I4 LSY engine as standard on 2LT and 3LT
- Paired with 9-speed automatic transmission and 3.47 final drive axle ratio
- Carry-over 3.6L V6 LGX engine is now an available option on 2LT and 3LT
- Addition of remote start kit as LPO-level item
- Addition of Blazer Redline Edition as interim availability
- Power sunroof and SP3, RQM and R0Y wheels are now available as free flow options, while Sun and Wheels Package is no longer offered
- LED headlamps are now part of the Enhanced Convenience and Driver Confidence II Package on RS and the Driver Confidence II Package on Premier
- Road emergency tool kit is now standard on 1LT
- Forward Automatic Braking is now called Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking
See detailed 2020 Chevrolet Blazer changes, updates and new features here: 2020 Blazer change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2020 Chevrolet Blazer continues to be offered as a midsize crossover SUV with four doors and a liftgate cargo door.
The 2020 Chevrolet Blazer is offered with the following three engine and transmission choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle Ratio|
|2.5L I-4 LCV||Gasoline||Atmospheric||9-speed automatic M3D||193 @ 6300||188 @ 4400||3.80|
|2.0L I-4 LSY||Gasoline||Turbo||9-speed automatic M3T||230 @ 500||258 @ 1500-4000||3.47|
|3.6L V-6 LGX||Gasoline||Atmospheric||9-speed automatic M3V||308 @ 6600||270 @ 5000||3.49|
Additionally, the 2020 Blazer continues to be offered in either front-wheel or all-wheel drive configurations.
- GMC Acadia
- Cadillac XT5
- Cadillac XT6
- Buick Enclave (Chinese market)
- Three-row Chevrolet Blazer (Chinese market)
For the Chinese market, the three-row Blazer is assembled at the Jinqiao Cadillac plant in China.
The 2020 Chevrolet Blazer followed the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launched in the third quarter of the 2019 calendar year.
We expect that the current-generation Chevrolet Blazer will remain in production at least through the 2023 year, and that an all-new, future Chevrolet Blazer will launch on or after the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2020 Chevrolet Blazer in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Blazer news.
- 2020 Chevrolet Blazer Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2020 Chevrolet Blazer Colors