The Chevrolet Blazer is a Sport Utility Vehicle marketed by General Motors’ Chevrolet brand currently spanning five generations and three distinct vehicles:
- The K5 Blazer – a mid-size SUV built from 1969 to 1999 and based on GM’s C/K pickup chassis. It was renamed to Tahoe in 1995.
- The S-10 Blazer – a compact SUV built from 1983 to 2005 based on the S-10 pickup.
- The C1 Blazer – a midsize crossover (CUV) built from 2019 onward.
The first-generation Blazer, known as the K5, was available from the 1969 to the 1972 model years.
A short-wheelbase truck, the vehicle was available exclusively in 4-wheel-drive for its first model year. In 1970, a two-wheel-drive model became available.
The K5 Blazer was offered with four powerplant choices:
- Inline-6 cylinder 250
- Inline-6 cylinder 292
- V8 307
- V8 350
The second-generation Blazer received a redesign for the 1973 model year and was produced through the 1991 model year.
Rear-wheel-drive models were available until 1982, as the majority of Blazers sold were equipped with four-wheel-drive.
A notable feature of the second-gen model was tilting steering wheel, enabling owners to find a better driving position.
After the 1991 model year, the K5 Blazer became the Chevrolet Tahoe.
The third-generation Blazer was introduced for the 1983 model year and remained in production through the 1994 model year.
To differentiate it from the original K5 Blazer, Chevrolet officially named this model the S-10 Blazer, as it was based on the compact Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck. Whereas the K5 Blazer was a mid-size SUV, the S10 Blazer was a compact model that offered greater fuel economy and maneuverability.
The third-generation Chevrolet Blazer made its return as a mid-size crossover for the 2019 model year, slotting between the compact Chevy Equinox compact and full-size Chevy Traverse.
The 2019 Blazer breaks with tradition and becomes the first Blazer to adopt a unibody vehicle construction – the GM C1 platform. By comparison, all other Blazer models used body-on-frame underpinnings.
- 2018 Chevrolet Blazer
- 2019 Chevrolet Blazer
- 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Colors
- 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Order Guide
- 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Platform
- 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Powertrain
- 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Price, Models, Trim Levels
- 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Production, Manufacturing & Assembly Plant
- 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Release Date & Availability
- 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Specs
- 2020 Chevrolet Blazer
- 2021 Chevrolet Blazer
- Chevrolet Blazer Sales Numbers