2020 Cadillac XTS
The Cadillac XTS will not be available for the 2020 model year, since the large sedan will have been discontinued in North America after the 2019 model year. As such, the 2020 Cadillac XTS is a misnomer, since the model year does not exist for the XTS.
The discontinuation of the Cadillac XTS was the result of two factors:
- A planned phasing out of the XTS in favor of the CT6, which is more aligned with Cadillac’s direction future product direction. In fact, Cadillac initially planned to phase out the XTS in 2017, but decided to extend the model’s life with a midcycle enhancement (otherwise known as a facelift or refresh) for the 2018 model year (see more on the 2018 Cadillac XTS refresh).
- The planned closure of the GM Oshawa Assembly Plant in Canada, a move decision in November 2018.
About CadillacÂ XTS
The CadillacÂ XTS is a full-sizeÂ premium sedan thatÂ consists ofÂ theÂ XTS Sedan and XTS V-Sport Sedan. TheÂ vehicleÂ was the first Cadillac model to be introduced after GM's bankruptcy in the 2009-2010 timeframe and is larger thanÂ theÂ compactÂ Cadillac ATSÂ and midsizeÂ Cadillac CTS. It is a similar size to theÂ full-sizeÂ Cadillac CT6Â prestige luxury sedan.
The current,Â first-generationÂ XTS was introduced for theÂ 2013Â model year. The vehicle isÂ based on the extended-length wheelbaseÂ variant of theÂ GM Epsilon platformÂ known as Super Epsilon. The same platform underpins the second-generationÂ Buick LaCrosseÂ and tenth-generationÂ Chevrolet Impala. The lineup also includes various XTS livery models, including hearse, limo, stretch limo, and more.
For the 2018 model year, theÂ XTS gets a midcycle refresh, with revised exterior styling, slight revisions to the trim level structure, two new exterior colors along with revised interior color combinations and pairing. It also gets improved front seats forÂ higher levels of comfort as well as revisions to the suspension system to provide more comfort for occupants. There's also a host of technologyÂ improvements, such as the addition of newÂ active safety features,Â the newÂ CUE 3.0Â infotainment systemÂ and more. For more on the updates, seeÂ 2018 Cadillac XTSÂ changes.
Cadillac had plans to discontinue theÂ XTS around theÂ 2017 model year, but has decided to continue selling the model and giveÂ itÂ a midcycle refresh.Â Even so, it is expected that the model will beÂ discontinued after the 2019Â model year, with theÂ CadillacÂ CT6 serving as its indirect successor.
TheÂ CadillacÂ XTS is built at the following plants:
- GMÂ Oshawa plantÂ in Ontario, Canada operated byÂ GM CanadaÂ to satisfy North American markets, and
- Shanghai-GM Jinqiao North plant operated byÂ GM ChinaÂ for the Chinese market
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- RunningÂ GM salesÂ results
- Cadillac XTSÂ information
- 2016 Cadillac XTS
- 2017 Cadillac XTS
- 2018 Cadillac XTS
- 2019 Cadillac XTS
- 2019 Cadillac XTS Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Cadillac XTS Colors
- 2019 Cadillac XTS Order Guide
- 2020 Cadillac XTS (page coming soon)
- Next Cadillac XTS