2020 Cadillac XT5
The Cadillac XT5 receives seveal minor changes and updates for the 2020 model year, which represents the second model year of the first-generation XT5.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Change to trim naming convention
- Addition of Sport trim level
- Deletion of Platinum trim level
- Revised headlamp design
- LED headlamps, IntelliBeam and front park and cornering lamps are now standard on all trims
- Addition of two exterior color options:
- Deletion of three exterior color options:
- Deletion of two interior color options
- Deletion of Driver Awareness Package
- Deletion of Bose Studio Surround Sound 14-speaker audio system
- Deletion of 40/20/40 split-bench rear seat
- Deletion of Rear Park Assist
- Addition of four wheel options
- Deletion of four wheel options
- Change to outside mirror equipment and availability
- Addition of an Air Ionizer
- Addition of Night Vision
- Cadillac updated the interior to support the “Y” trim strategy
- Addition of five interior color combinations
- Next-generation Cadillac user experience
- Advanced Security Package is now standard on Premium Luxury and Sport models
- Driver Assist Package is now available on Premium Luxury and Sport models
- Addition of turbocharged 2.0-liter LSY I4 engine
- Deletion of 8-speed automatic transmission
- Addition of 9-speed automatic transmission
- Addition of Smart Towing
- Changes to Driving Dynamics
- Addition of Platinum Package
- Addition of Enhanced Visibility and Technology Package
See complete details on 2020 Cadillac XT5 changes and updates.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2020 Cadillac XT5 continues to be offered as a five-door midsize crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
The 2020 Cadillac XT5 offers the following engine and transmission choices:
|Engine||Transmission||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)|
|2.0L LSY I4||9-Speed Automatic||237 / 177 @ 5000||258 / 350 @ 1500 – 4000|
|3.6L LGX V6||9-Speed Automatic||310 / 231 @ 6600||271 / 366 @ 5000|
Like all first-generation units of the Cadillac XT5, the 2020 XT5 continues to ride on the regular wheelbase variant of GM’s C1 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- GMC Acadia (second generation, 2017 – present)
- Chevrolet Blazer (rumored mid-size Chevrolet crossover, expected for 2019 MY)
A longer-wheelbase variant of the same architecture underpins the following models:
- Chevrolet Traverse (second generation, 2018 – present)
- Buick Enclave (second generation, 2018 – present)
- Cadillac XT6 (upcoming full-size Cadillac crossover, expected for 2020 MY)
Assembly of the 2020 Cadillac XT5 continues at the following plants:
- GM Spring Hill plant in Tennessee operated by GM USA, supplying North American markets
- GM Jinqiao Cadillac in Shanghai operated by GM China supplying the Chinese market
The 2020 XT5 followed the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launched in the third quarter of the 2019 calendar year.
We expect that the first-generation XT5 will live on through at least the 2023 model year, and that an all-new, future Cadillac XT5 will launch thereafter.
Discuss the 2020 Cadillac XT5 in our Cadillac forum.
Follow our coverage of Cadillac XT5 news.
- 2020 Cadillac XT5 Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2020 Cadillac XT5 Colors