Cadillac Escalade V-Sport
Rumor has it that Cadillac is planning to release a high-performance model of the Escalade named Escalade V-Sport.
To note, it’s possible that the vehicle we are referring to here as the Cadillac Escalade V-Sport could also be christened as the Cadillac Escalade-V.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the Cadillac Escalade V-Sport. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Cadillac.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, have recommendations, or suggestions to share, please let us know here.
We expect the Cadillac Escalade V-Sport to feature the following equipment:
- Supercharged 6.2L V8 LT4 engine; the mill makes 650 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque in the C7 Corvette Z06 and 640 horsepower and 630 pound-feet of torque in the 2016 Cadillac CTS-V
- High-performance summer-only or high-performance all-season tires
- A version of GM’s Magnetic Ride Control suspension system tuned for high performance
- 8-speed 8L90 automatic transmission
- Introduction at the 2016 New York International Auto Show as a 2017 model year vehicle to launch in the second half of 2017
- Unique sport-oriented exterior styling elements such as a more aggressive front grille, along with more aggressive front and rear fascias and side sills
- Sport-oriented interior features, including more aggressively-bolstered seats