2023 Cadillac Escalade Changes, Updates, New Features
The 2023 Cadillac Escalade receives a variety of small changes and updates for the third model year of the luxury full-size SUV nameplate’s fifth generation. The biggest change is the addition of the high-performance Escalade-V to the lineup.
These changes come after the 2021 Escalade received a complete overhaul (re-engineering and redesign), followed by a few changes and updates to the 2022 Escalade. A refreshed 2024 Cadillac Escalade follows the following year.
As a reminder, the Escalade is offered as a full-size five-door SUV across the following trim levels:
- Premium Luxury
- Premium Luxury Platinum
- Sport Platinum
An extended-length variant is available as the Escalade ESV.
- Addition of Escalade-V (1SD, 6K10706) and Escalade-V ESV trim level (1SD, 6K10906), includes:
- Unique V-Series front and rear fascias
- Quad exhaust outlets
- Exclusive 6-Piston Brembo Performance front brakes in Edge Red with Color Matched Rear Calipers
- Unique 22-inch aluminum wheels
- V-Series badging on the driver and front passenger doors, liftgate, and steering wheel
- Platinum-trim interior featuring Zebra wood decor with semi-aniline leather on all three rows, heated/ventilated and massaging front seats
- Escalade’s signature 38-inch diagonal curved OLED display
- AKG Studio Reference 36-speaker audio system
- GM Super Cruise hands-free driver-assistance technology, including trailering and automatic lane change capabilities
- Selectable V-Mode, with driver-customizable performance driving settings, lowered suspension and a throaty V8 growl, controlled by active exhaust valves
- Standard Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 and Air Adaptive Ride, with uniquely tuned rear air springs and damper hardware, as well as V-Series specific software calibrations
- Addition of supercharged 6.2L V8 LT4 gasoline engine
- Included only on the Escalade-V and Escalade-V ESV trim levels as standard
- Rated at 682 horsepower (509 kilowatts) @ 6000 RPM and 653 pound-feet (885 newton meters) of torque @ 4400 RPM
- Mated to GM 10-speed automatic transmission (MHS) specifically calibrated for Escalade-V
- Features full-time active all-wheel drive system with variable torque splitting and standard electronic limited-slip differential
- Addition of new high-performance Brembo brake package (5JL) (LPO-level item)
- Front 6-Piston Brembo Brakes with Red calipers and Cadillac script logo on the front calipers
- Color Matched Rear Calipers
- Available on all trim levels except for Escalade-V and Escalade-V ESV
- In July 2022, beginning with start of regular production, the package is no longer available
- In January 2023, the Brembo performance brake package was available again as originally planned, available on all trim levels except the Cadillac Escalade-V and Cadillac Escalade-V ESV
- Deletion of three exterior colors:
- Satin Steel Metallic (G9K)
- Wilder Metallic (GED)
- Infrared Tintcoat (GSK)
- Addition of three exterior colors:
- Dark Emerald Metallic (G6N) (available at extra charge)
- Radiant Red Tintcoat (GNT) (available at extra charge)
- Argent Silver Metallic (GXD) (available at extra charge)
- Addition of leatherette wrapped steering wheel (N57)
- Standard on Luxury, Premium Luxury, and Sport trim levels
- Addition of leather-wrapped steering wheel (NP5)
- Standard on Premium Luxury Platinum, Sport Platinum and Escalade-V / Escalade-V ESV
- Addition of Surround Vision Recorder (XVR)
- Standard on all trim levels
Driver Assist Technology
- No changes
- No changes
- Addition of Onyx Package on Escalade-V and Escalade-V ESV, includes:
- Monochrome Cadillac emblems, LPO (SFZ)
- Gloss Black Escalade nameplate, LPO (RIK)
- 22-inch Forged Multi-Spoke alloy wheels with Satin Graphite finish and Laser Etching, LPO (SQO)
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
Discuss the 2023 Cadillac Escalade in our Cadillac forum.
Pillar-to-pillar screen, identical steering wheel, and more.
After incorrect heat treatment.