2016 Cadillac Escalade Exterior
The exterior design of the 2016 Cadillac Escalade provides a signature look of quality, elegance and capability. The styling cues combine sculpted surfaces and high-technology embellishments to give the model a unique, stand-out appearance and presence.
The front, dynamic styling cues are enhanced by a highly-detailed Galvano chrome grille with a unique, almost brushed appearance. It is accented by full light-emitting diode (LED) lighting in the front and rear that creates unique, razor-like vertical light signatures. LEDs provide even, steady and very bright illumination, while delivering longer life and using significantly less energy than conventional lighting.
The headlamps incorporate the industry’s first Total Internal Reflection LED high-beam function, which consists of four vertically-stacked crystal lenses and LEDs. The low beam consists of five crystal lenses and LEDs that create the light pattern. Look closely, and you’ll see the Cadillac script is branded in the headlamp bezel. At the rear, tall and thin vertical LED taillamps reach to the top of the Escalade and feature the brand’s crest insignia, which illuminates in the dark.
Inlaid doors fit into the body side openings to provide a quiet interior and smooth aerodynamics. This also helps Escalade slip through the air on the highway with minimal drag and greater efficiency. Lightweight aluminum hood and aluminum liftgate panels also contribute to the efficiency of the full-size SUV.
Additional exterior features include:
- The rear is dominated by signature LED lighting extending full-height, from the fascia to the roof. The twin, light-blade taillamps recall Cadillac’s design heritage
- Chrome-accented side assist steps are standard, with power-retractable assist steps with light-pipe technology available on the Premium and Platinum Collections
- Illuminated door handles are included with the Premium and Platinum Collections
- Standard heated, power-adjustable and power-folding outside mirrors
- Standard hands-free, power-programmable liftgate
- The standard rear spoiler on the liftgate houses a rear window wiper that is hidden when not in use
- Capless fueling
- 20-inch aluminum wheels are standard on the standard model, Luxury and Premium Collections
- 22-inch aluminum wheels are standard on the Platinum collection and available on other models
- Ten exterior colors are offered, including:
- Gray Silk Metallic (new for 2016)
- Red Passion Tintcoat (new for 2016)
- Crystal White Tricoat (new for 2016)
- Dark Emerald Metallic (new for 2016; late introduction)
- Majestic Plum Metallic
- Radiant Silver Metallic
- Black Raven
- Silver Coast Metallic
- Terra Mocha Metallic
- Dark Granite Metallic