2019 Cadillac CTS-V
The 2019 Cadillac CTS-V represents the fourth and final model year of the high-performance, luxury sedan, which is indirectly replaced by the 2022 CT5-V Blackwing model.
|Assembly location||GM Detroit-Hamtramck Plant, Michigan, USA|
|Engine||Supercharged 6.2L V-8 LT4|
|Transmission||GM Hydra-Matic 8-Speed Auto|
|Predecessor||2018 Cadillac CTS-V|
|Successor||No direct successor, CT5-V Blackwing indirect successor|
The 2019 CTS-V was Cadillac’s largest sedan offering during the model year, slotting above the ATS sedan.
Cadillac says that nearly every exterior panel on the CTS-V is unique, from the fascias and fenders, to the hood, rear spoiler and rocker moldings. More than that, each component was designed to support the car’s capability, contributing to lift reduction, enhanced cooling, or both.
The unique elements include:
- Lightweight carbon fiber hood
- Features an air-extracting vent that not only pulls hot air out of the engine compartment, but helps reduce lift at speed by channeling air pulled through the radiator out and over the top of car rather than allowing trapped air to exit under the car
- Unique front and rear fascias provide optimal aero performance
- Feature larger grille openings in the front fascia to feed more air to the supercharged engine.
- Mesh pattern of the signature grille openings is enlarged to allow more air into the radiator and multiple heat exchangers
- Front splitter enhances handling by forcing air to push down on the front of the car rather than flow under it, where it can cause lift
- Wider fenders to accommodate the wide, 19-inch wheels and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
- Aero-optimized rocker moldings and rear spoiler
- Forged aluminum wheels and brake calipers
- An available, all-carbon fiber package takes aero performance and mass optimization to higher levels, and includes:
- A more aggressive front splitter
- Hood vent trim
- Rear diffuser
- Taller, exposed-carbon fiber rear spoiler
“V-Series is the emotive core of Cadillac and the apex of the brand’s Art and Science design philosophy,” said Andrew Smith, executive director, Cadillac Global Design. “The CTS-V reflects that with a bold sense of arrival, serious performance, seamless integration of technology and precision in its craftsmanship. The exposed carbon fiber components, for example, are book-matched on the centerline for a more precise, tailored appearance.”
The interior of the third-generation CTS-V sedan is fitted with Recaro seats, matte-finished carbon fiber trim and suede microfiber accents, which accompany a host of advanced safety and luxury comfort features. Inside those Recaro seats will be 20-way heated and ventilated seats and Navigation through Cadillac’s CUE system with bluetooth and wireless inductive phone charging.
“With the performance the new CTS-V is capable of delivering, the interior needs to be as functional as the other vehicle systems” – Andrew Smith, executive director, Cadillac Global Design.
Cadillac aimed to mesh the performance of a touring car championship series with all of the latest technological accoutrements to ensure that CTS-V’s competitiveness when it entered the market back in 2016. Some of the standard tech features included:
- Front curb-view camera system
- Automatic parking assist
- Side blind zone alert
- Forward collision alert
- Lane keep assist
- Rear cross traffic alert
See Cadillac CTS sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Russia, and South Korea.
- Cadillac CTS sales are comprised of all CTS variants, including CTS and CTS-V.
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
Discuss the 2019 Cadillac CTS-V in our Cadillac forum.
These considerably different performance luxury sedans are worth surprisingly similar amounts. More power is more better.
Cadillac CTS-V News
These considerably different performance luxury sedans are worth surprisingly similar amounts.
More power is more better.