2020 Cadillac CT6-V
The Cadillac CT6-V receives a couple of minor changes for the 2020 model year.
It’s worth noting that North American production of the Cadillac CT6 at the GM Detroit-Hamtramck plant was slated to cease by the end of January, 2020. However, its life was extended to mid-February, giving the luxury four-door an extra two weeks on the line. Once production of the Cadillac CT6 ended at the Detroit-Hamtramck plant, the facility began the retooling process for the production of future all-electric models.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of Rear Seat Package, which included:
- Quad-zone climate control
- Air Ionizer
- Rear seat infotainment
- Driver Assist Package is now standard, and includes:
- Adaptive Cruise Control-Advanced
- Night Vision
- Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking
- Reverse Automatic Braking
See detailed 2020 Cadillac CT6-V changes, updates and new features here: 2020 Cadillac CT6-V change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2020 Cadillac CT6-V continues to be offered as a four-door full-size sedan.
The 2020 Cadillac CT6-V offers the following engine and transmission choices:
|Engine||Transmission||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)|
|4.2L TT LTA V8||10-Speed Automatic||550 / 410 @ 5000||640 / 867 @ 3400|
Like all first-generation units of the Cadillac CT6, the 2020 CT6-V rides on the GM Omega platform. The architecture is currently not shared with any other vehicles in the Cadillac or GM vehicle portfolios.
Assembly of the 2020 Cadillac CT6-V continues at the following plants:
- GM Detroit Hamtramck plant near Detroit operated by GM USA supplying North American markets
- GM Jinqiao Cadillac in Shanghai operated by GM China supplying the Chinese market
The 2020 CT6-V followed the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launched in the third quarter of the 2019 calendar year.
Production of the first-generation CT6 and CT6-V will end after the 2020 model year. The prospect of an all-new, future Cadillac CT6 is uncertain at this time.
Discuss the 2020 Cadillac CT6-V in our Cadillac forum.
Follow our coverage of Cadillac CT6-V news.
- 2020 Cadillac CT6-V Colors
- 2020 Cadillac CT6-V Wheels