2020 Cadillac CT6
The Cadillac CT6 receives the several changes and updates for the 2020 model year.
It’s worth noting that North American production of the Cadillac CT6 at the GM Detroit-Hamtramck plant was slated to cease by the end of January, 2020. However, its life was extended to mid-February, giving the luxury four-door an extra two weeks on the line. Once production of the Cadillac CT6 ended at the Detroit-Hamtramck plant, the facility began the retooling process for the production of future all-electric models.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of models equipped with the turbocharged 2.0-liter LSY I4 engine or twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter LGW V6 engine
- Revised lineup availability
- Rear decklid badging update
- Deletion of Bronze Dune Metallic exterior color
- Deletion of Dark Auburn with Jet Black accents interior color combination
- Deletion of the engine block heater option
- Deletion of the 2.0L LSY Turbo engine
- Deletion of the 3.0L LGW V6 Twin Turbo engine
- Deletion of rear-wheel drivetrain (RWD) configuration
See detailed 2020 Cadillac CT6 changes, updates and new features here: 2020 Cadillac CT6 change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2020 Cadillac CT6 continues to be offered as a four-door full-size sedan.
The 2020 Cadillac CT6 offers the following engine and transmission choices:
|Engine||Transmission||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)|
|3.6L LGX V6||10-Speed Automatic||335 / 250 @ 6800||284 / 385 @ 5300|
|4.2L TT LTA V8||10-Speed Automatic||500 / 373 @ 5000||574 / 778 @ 3400|
Like all first-generation units of the Cadillac CT6, the 2020 CT6 continues to ride on GM Omega platform. The architecture is currently not shared with any other vehicles in the Cadillac or GM vehicle portfolios.
Assembly of the 2020 Cadillac CT6 continues at the following plants:
- GM Detroit Hamtramck plant near Detroit operated by GM USA supplying North American markets
- GM Jinqiao Cadillac in Shanghai operated by GM China supplying the Chinese market
The 2020 CT6 followed the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launched in the third quarter of the 2019 calendar year.
Production of the first-generation CT6 will end after the 2020 model year. The prospect of an all-new, future Cadillac CT6 is uncertain at this time.
Discuss the 2020 Cadillac CT6 in our Cadillac forum.
Follow our coverage of Cadillac CT6 news.
- 2020 Cadillac CT6 Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2020 Cadillac CT6 Colors
- 2020 Cadillac CT6 Wheels
- 2020 Cadillac CT6-V
- 2020 Cadillac CT6-V Changes, Updates, New Features