2019 Cadillac CT6-V
The 2019 Cadillac CT6-V represents the first model year of the short-lived high-performance, luxury sedan, which was discontinued after the 2020 model year. Notably, the vehicle was initially unveiled as the 2019 Cadillac CT6 V-Sport, though The General decided to make it a proper V-series car.
As reported by our sister site, Cadillac Society, the automaker made the change official when it placed a photo of the CT6 V-Sport-turned-proper-V on the Cadillac.com homepage with the words: “The first-ever CT6-V. From its striking design to its groundbreaking powertrain, the CT6-V is as powerful as it is exhilarating.”
“With the introduction of the all-new CT6-V, Cadillac begins a new chapter in its performance legacy with the introduction of the brand’s first-ever twin-turbo V-8 engine,” said former Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “It is the centerpiece of the new CT6-V, an engaging sport sedan infused with DNA of Cadillac’s world-renowned and championship-winning motorsports program.”
|Assembly location||GM Detroit-Hamtramck Plant, Michigan, USA|
|Engine||Twin-Turbo 4.2L V-8 LTA|
|Transmission||GM Hydra-Matic 10-Speed Auto|
|Drive wheels||All-Wheel Drive|
|Predecessor||No direct predecessor|
|Successor||No direct successor, Celestiq indirect successor|
The full-sized 2019 CT6-V was Cadillac’s largest sedan offering during the model year, slotting above the ATS and CTS sedans.
The introduction of the high-performance variant coincides with a makeover of the entire CT6 lineup that incorporates the newest iteration of Cadillac’s design language featured on the Escala Concept.
The first-ever Cadillac CT6 V-Sport includes a bold, dark front with a large V-inspired mesh grille and new horizontal LED headlamps with strong vertical signatures, making it distinctly Cadillac. Lower aero components and Gloss Black side window surround trim provide the performance sport sedan’s chiseled exterior with a dark and distinguished look. New, unique 20-inch V-Sport wheels with summer-only tires, lower aero components and spoiler further express the sedan’s performance capabilities.
New, summer-only performance tires developed exclusively for Cadillac V-Sport are tuned to deliver crisp response and track capable performance while retaining isolation and comfort.
“The CT6-V was developed for driving enthusiasts who want the best of both worlds: a high-performance sports sedan and a luxury car with all the comforts and technology that come with it,” said Lyndon Lie, CT6 chief engineer.
As such, the CT6-V’s interior offers fine materials, including leather seating surfaces with Chevron perforated inserts for its front bucket seats, along with two interior color combinations: Jet Black or Dark Auburn with Jet Black accents.
Led by the latest Cadillac user experience — the brand’s most advanced infotainment interface — the CT6 offers a connected environment.
The Cadillac user experience is a dynamic platform that offers a smartphone-like experience with an intuitive interface, faster response and improved voice recognition from previous generations. The system can be updated over time to meet a customer’s evolving connectivity needs. It leverages the cloud and available embedded 4G LTE connection to enable personalization, available connected navigation and news, marketplace and entertainment applications via the app store and a new rotary controller that offers users alternative ways to interact with the system.
The new controller includes volume and seek forward/back controls for the audio system; shortcut buttons for fast access to the most frequently used apps such as Audio, Phone, Navigation (if available) and Home; and a large center dial to operate primary features of the most frequently used apps, scroll menus and lists and select other apps to be displayed.
Additional CT6 technologies include:
- Super Cruise, the first truly hands-free driver assistance feature for the freeway, is available (non- V-Sport only)
- The 10-inch diagonal Cadillac user experience interface screen has 1080p HD resolution
- Next-generation, 5-watt wireless charging with larger charge area for better phone compatibility
- Available Cloud-connected navigation provides real-time traffic and routing.
- Rear-seat Infotainment has media input through USB, HDMI or Wi-Fi connection to a phone.
- The second-generation Rear Camera Mirror has a new frameless design and zoom and tilt features.
- The full suite of available active safety features includes Forward Collision Alert, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Forward/Reverse Automatic Braking, and Safety Alert Seat
- Available Surround Vision provides a 360-degree camera view around the vehicle, displayed on the Cadillac user experience screen, helping the driver avoid nearby objects during low-speed maneuvering
- Available industry-first Surround Vision Recorder video recording system can record front and rear views while driving, and 360 degrees of recording if the vehicle’s security system is activated.
- Night Vision helps identify people and large animals via heat signatures on a display in the driver information center.
- Available Automatic Parking Assist with Braking steers the vehicle and applies the brakes at idle speed to help park in parallel or perpendicular spaces while the driver follows text commands, selects gear, and overrides braking and acceleration as needed.
- Available Front Pedestrian Braking provides pedestrian detection indications, alerts and automatic braking to help avoid collisions or reduce the harm caused by one.
- New available Rear Pedestrian Detection alerts the driver, when in Reverse, of an imminent collision with a pedestrian by providing visual notification on rear view camera display.
- Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner.
- The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather, and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle’s owner’s manual for more important feature limitations and information.
The CT6-V boasts an all-new Cadillac 4.2L Twin Turbo V-8 Cadillac -estimated at 550 horsepower (410 kW) and stunning 627 lb-ft of torque (850 Nm) that elevates the CT6’s performance to a new plateau and offers drivers an unparalleled experience behind the wheel. The engine is a clean-sheet design and introduces unique design elements developed to balance performance and efficiency with compact, mass-efficient packaging.
At the center of the Cadillac Twin Turbo V8 is a “hot V” configuration that transposes the conventional layout of the cylinder heads’ intake and exhaust systems to mount the turbochargers at the top of the engine — in the valley between the heads — to virtually eliminate turbo lag and reduce the engine’s overall packaging size.
“With the introduction of the all-new CT6 V-Sport, Cadillac begins a new chapter in its performance legacy with the introduction of the brand’s first-ever twin-turbo V-8 engine,” added de Nysschen. “It is the centerpiece of the new CT6 V-Sport, an engaging sport sedan infused with DNA of Cadillac’s world-renowned and championship-winning motorsports program.”
The new Cadillac Twin Turbo V-8 is matched with a 10-speed automatic transmission. Its broad, 7.39 overall gear ratio spread enhances off-the-line performance and contributes to reduced engine speed on the highway for refinement and efficiency. Narrow steps between the gear ratios also help the engine maintain the optimal speed for maximum power at almost all vehicle speeds.
Mechanical limited-slip rear differential increases traction at the limit and a revised AWD torque split provides more predictable performance during spirited and track driving.
The CT6-V features Magnetic Ride Control dampers along with unique, track-focused stability controls. Re-mapped steering inputs provide sportier, dynamic feedback, which is complimented by a track-tuned Active Rear Steer
A new 19-inch Brembo brake system developed specifically for the CT6 high-performance application. Brembo monoblock, fixed-opposed, four-piston
Equipped with performance linings and air deflectors that direct air to cool the brakes during sporty, aggressive driving
Wheels, Tires, & Suspension
V-Sport specific suspension tuning for improved roll control, cornering capability and steering response.
Modified steering and Magnetic Ride Control damper calibrations
“The CT6 V-Sport was developed for driving enthusiasts who want the best of both worlds: a high-performance sports sedan and a luxury car with all the comforts and technology that come with it,” said Lyndon Lie, CT6 chief engineer. “With its lightweight architecture, an all-new Cadillac Twin Turbo V-8 coupled with the tightened suspension and revised AWD torque split, we’ve enhanced the CT6 to be well-balanced and capable of all conditions.”
Exhaust system with active valves offering reduced back pressure and more sound character Tuned for V-Sport model. The performance oriented exhaust note is achieved via a track-focused active exhaust valve calibration.
Information about the 2019 Cadillac CT6 V-Sport was officially announced on March 21, 2018 ahead of the 2018 New York International Auto Show, where the vehicle had its global auto show premier. The 2019 Cadillac CT6 V-Sport then went on sale in the spring of 2018.
|GM RPO Code:||LTA|
|Bore & stroke (in / mm):||3.39 x 3.38 / 86 x 85.8|
|Block Material:||Cast Aluminum|
|Oiling System:||10.0-qt. capacity|
|Oil Type:||Dexos 2 0W-40|
|Cylinder Head Material:||Cast Aluminum|
|Valvetrain:||Dual Overhead Camshafts (DOHC), Continuously Variable Valve Timing; Active Fuel Management|
|Power (hp / kW @ rpm):||550 / 410 @ 5700|
|Torque (lb.-ft./ Nm @ rpm):||626 / 850 @ 3200 – 4000|
|Type:||MHS 10-Speed Automatic & 3.27 Axle Ratio|
|Front Suspension:||MacPherson-type with dual lower ball joints, twin-tube struts and direct-acting stabilizer bar|
|Rear Suspension:||Five-link independent; coil springs with stabilizer bar|
|Steering Type:||Electric, rack-mounted variable-effort premium power steering|
|Turning Circle (ft. / m):|
|Brakes:||Duralife brake discs with low-drag brake calipers||Duralife brake discs with low-drag brake calipers|
|Brake rotor size – Standard (in / mm):||12.6 x 1.1 / 321 x 28||12.4 x 0.9 / 315 x 23|
|Wheel Size – Luxury, Premium Luxury:||18-inch|
|Wheel Size – Premium Luxury, Sport:||19-inch|
|Tire:||245/45R18 All-Season Self-Sealant|
|Tire:||245/45R18 All-Season Run-Flat|
|Tire:||245/40R19 All-Season Run-Flat|
|Wheelbase (in. / mm):||116 / 2947|
|Overall Length (in. / mm):||193.8 / 4924|
|Overall Width (in. / mm):||74.1 / 1883 (w/ mirrors)|
|Overall Height (in. / mm):||57.2 / 1452|
|Front Track (in. / mm):||62.8 / 1594|
|Rear Track (in. / mm):||63.9 / 1624|
|Headroom (in. / mm):||39 / 990 (front), 36.6 / 930 (rear)|
|Legroom (in. / mm):||42.4 / 1078 (front), 37.9 / 963 (rear)|
|Shoulder Room (in. / mm):||56.7 / 1440] (front), 55.7 / 1416 (rear)|
|Hip Room (in. / mm):||53.7 / 1365 (front),53.7 / 1365 (rear)|
|Dry weight (lbs. / kg)||3660 / 1660 (Luxury RWD) – est.|
|Cargo volume (cu. ft. / liters)||11.9 / 337|
|Fuel capacity (U.S. gallon / liters)||17.4 / 66.0|
|0 – 60 mph (seconds)||Quarter-mile acceleration (sec)|
See Cadillac CT6 sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Russia, and South Korea.
- Cadillac CT6 sales are comprised of all CT6 variants, including CT6 and CT6-V.
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
Discuss the 2019 Cadillac CT6-V in our Cadillac forum.
But are the red accents an improvement? Hope you have $22,000 to spare.
Cadillac CT6-V News
But are the red accents an improvement?
Hope you have $22,000 to spare.