2019 Cadillac CT6 V-Sport
Cadillac introduced the CT6 V-Sport – a performance variant of the CT6 sedan – for the 2019 model year.
“Cadillac V-Sport is the embodiment of our passion to deliver an exhilarating driving experience without compromises,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “The all-new CT6 V-Sport provides the perfect balance of performance and luxurious refinement.”
The introduction of the high-performance variant coincides with a makeover of the entire CT6 lineup that incorporates the newest iteration of Cadillac’s design language featured on the Escala Concept.
The first-ever Cadillac CT6 V-Sport includes a bold, dark front with a large V-inspired mesh grille and new horizontal LED headlamps with strong vertical signatures, making it distinctly Cadillac. Lower aero components and Gloss Black side window surround trim provide the performance sport sedan’s chiseled exterior with a dark and distinguished look. New, unique 20-inch V-Sport wheels with summer-only tires, lower aero components and spoiler further express the sedan’s performance capabilities.
New, summer-only performance tires developed exclusively for Cadillac V-Sport are tuned to deliver crisp response and track capable performance while retaining isolation and comfort.
The Cadillac V-Sport portfolio currently includes the CTS V-Sport and the XTS V-Sport.
The CT6 V-Sport boasts an all-new Cadillac 4.2L Twin Turbo V-8 Cadillac -estimated at 550 horsepower (410 kW) and stunning 627 lb-ft of torque (850 Nm) that elevates the CT6’s performance to a new plateau and offers drivers an unparalleled experience behind the wheel. The engine is a clean-sheet design and introduces unique design elements developed to balance performance and efficiency with compact, mass-efficient packaging.
At the center of the Cadillac Twin Turbo V8 is a “hot V” configuration that transposes the conventional layout of the cylinder heads’ intake and exhaust systems to mount the turbochargers at the top of the engine — in the valley between the heads — to virtually eliminate turbo lag and reduce the engine’s overall packaging size.
“With the introduction of the all-new CT6 V-Sport, Cadillac begins a new chapter in its performance legacy with the introduction of the brand’s first-ever twin-turbo V-8 engine,” added de Nysschen. “It is the centerpiece of the new CT6 V-Sport, an engaging sport sedan infused with DNA of Cadillac’s world-renowned and championship-winning motorsports program.”
The new Cadillac Twin Turbo V-8 is matched with a 10-speed automatic transmission. Its broad, 7.39 overall gear ratio spread enhances off-the-line performance and contributes to reduced engine speed on the highway for refinement and efficiency. Narrow steps between the gear ratios also help the engine maintain the optimal speed for maximum power at almost all vehicle speeds.
Mechanical limited-slip rear differential increases traction at the limit and provides more predictable performance during spirited and track driving.
V-Sport specific suspension tuning for improved roll control, cornering capability and steering response.
Modified steering and Magnetic Ride Control damper calibrations
A new 19-inch Brembo brake system developed specifically for the CT6 high-performance application.Brembo monoblock, fixed-opposed, four-piston
Equipped with performance linings and air deflectors that direct air to cool the brakes during sporty, aggressive driving
Exhaust system with active valves offering reduced back pressure and more sound character Tuned for V-Sport model, with a performance oriented exhaust note.
Maximized Magnetic Ride Control damper control
Re-mapped steering efforts for sportier, dynamic feedback
Track-tuned Active Rear Steer
Revised AWD torque split
Unique, track-focused stability controls
Track focused active exhaust valve calibration
“The CT6 V-Sport was developed for driving enthusiasts who want the best of both worlds: a high-performance sports sedan and a luxury car with all the comforts and technology that come with it,” said Lyndon Lie, CT6 chief engineer. “With its lightweight architecture, an all-new Cadillac Twin Turbo V-8 coupled with the tightened suspension and revised AWD torque split, we’ve enhanced the CT6 to be well-balanced and capable of all conditions.”
Led by the latest Cadillac user experience — the brand’s most advanced infotainment interface — the CT6 offers a connected environment.
The Cadillac user experience is a dynamic platform that offers a smartphone-like experience with an intuitive interface, faster response and improved voice recognition from previous generations. The system can be updated over time to meet a customer’s evolving connectivity needs. It leverages the cloud and available embedded 4G LTE connection to enable personalization, available connected navigation and news, marketplace and entertainment applications via the app store and a new rotary controller that offers users alternative ways to interact with the system.
The new controller includes volume and seek forward/back controls for the audio system; shortcut buttons for fast access to the most frequently used apps such as Audio, Phone, Navigation (if available) and Home; and a large center dial to operate primary features of the most frequently used apps, scroll menus and lists and select other apps to be displayed.
Additional CT6 technologies include:
- Super Cruise, the first truly hands-free driver assistance feature for the freeway, is available (non- V-Sport only)
- The 10-inch diagonal Cadillac user experience interface screen has 1080p HD resolution
- Next-generation, 5-watt wireless charging with larger charge area for better phone compatibility
- Available Cloud-connected navigation provides real-time traffic and routing.
- Rear-seat Infotainment has media input through USB, HDMI or Wi-Fi connection to a phone.
- The second-generation Rear Camera Mirror has a new frameless design and zoom and tilt features.
- The full suite of available active safety features includes Forward Collision Alert, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Forward/Reverse Automatic Braking, and Safety Alert Seat
- Available Surround Vision provides a 360-degree camera view around the vehicle, displayed on the Cadillac user experience screen, helping the driver avoid nearby objects during low-speed maneuvering
- Available industry-first Surround Vision Recorder video recording system can record front and rear views while driving, and 360 degrees of recording if the vehicle’s security system is activated.
- Night Vision helps identify people and large animals via heat signatures on a display in the driver information center.
- Available Automatic Parking Assist with Braking steers the vehicle and applies the brakes at idle speed to help park in parallel or perpendicular spaces while the driver follows text commands, selects gear, and overrides braking and acceleration as needed.
- Available Front Pedestrian Braking provides pedestrian detection indications, alerts and automatic braking to help avoid collisions or reduce the harm caused by one.
- New available Rear Pedestrian Detection alerts the driver, when in Reverse, of an imminent collision with a pedestrian by providing visual notification on rear view camera display.
- Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner.
- The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather, and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle’s owner’s manual for more important feature limitations and information.
The 2019 CT6 V-Sport delivers several “first-evers” for Cadillac, including:
- First-ever V-Sport model of the CT6
- First-ever twin-turbo Cadillac V-8 engine
- First-ever 10-speed automatic transmission in a Cadillac
Information about the 2019 Cadillac CT6 V-Sport was officially announced on March 21, 2018 ahead of the 2018 New York International Auto Show, where the vehicle had its global auto show premier.
Launch & Availability
The 2019 Cadillac CT6 V-Sport goes on sale in the spring of 2018.