Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
The Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing is an upcoming ultra-high-performance variant of the Cadillac CT5 sedan. The vehicle is expected to launch in 2021 as a 2022 model year vehicle.
|Expected Engine:||Supercharged 6.2L V8 LT4|
|Expected Transmissions:||10-Speed Auto, 6-Speed Manual|
|Expected power:||650 Horsepower|
|Expected torque:||650 Pound-Feet|
|Platform:||GM Alpha 2|
|Launch||Mid-2021 as 2022 model|
|Production:||GM Lansing Grand River Plant|
Here’s what we expect from the Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing:
- Engine: supercharged 6.2L LT4 V8 making over 600 horsepower and 600 pound-feet of torque
- Standard: 6-speed manual sourced from Tremec
- Optional: 10-speed automatic with paddle shifters
- Drive wheels: RWD standard
- Chassis & Suspension:
- Structural upgrades throughout the vehicle
- High-performance Magnetic Ride Control
- Brakes: large-diameter cross-drilled rotors with high-performance Brembo pads
- Top speed of 200 mph or higher
- Platform: GM Alpha 2 platform
- Debut: late 2020
- Launch: mid-2021, as 2022 model year vehicle
- May 29, 2019: GM announces all-new, 2020 Cadillac CT5-V as new, intermediate performance model
- June 1, 2019: GM shows “next-level Cadillac CT5-V” prototype at the 2019 Detroit Grand Prix
- June 14, 2019: Cadillac performance variants manager, Mirza Grebovic, says that Cadillac V-Series models will “go out with a bang” before EVs take over
- July 1, 2019: GM Authority exclusively reports that next-level Cadillac CT5-V will be called “Blackwing”
- July 16, 2019: GM Authority reports that Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing will be powered by supercharged V8
- July 31, 2019: GM Authority spies CT5-V Blackwing prototype on video
- October 11, 2019: more spy shots show best look yet at CT5-V Blackwing prototype
- November 26,2019: reports indicate that the CT5-V Blackwing will not feature Cadillac’s twin-turbo Blackwing V8 engine
- December 17, 2019: new spy shots reveal CT5-V Blackwing front fascia
- January 25, 2020: GM Authority reports that CT5-V Blackwing will feature supercharged 6.2L V8 LT4 engine and offer the option for a manual transmission
- March 20, 2020: new spy shots show best look yet at CT5-V Blackwing prototype
- April 2, 2020: COVID-19 pandemic delays various GM vehicle launches, including CT5- Blackwing
- April 14, 2020: GM confirms Blackwing name for next-level CT5-V sedan and shares soundtrack of CT5-V accelerating, as well as a teaser image of the rear three-quarters of the CT5-V Blackwing
- May 14, 2020: GM Authority renders upcoming Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing sedan
- May 27, 2020: GM Authority reports that CT5-V Blackwing will not be made available in China
- June 17, 2020: GM Authority spies CT5-V Blackwing with bronze wheels
- August 20, 2020: GM teases CT5-V Blackwing steering wheel and GM Authority notices some easter eggs on the steering wheel teaser
- October 30, 2020: GM announces that the CT5-V Blackwing and CT4-V Blackwing will offer magnesium wheels as an option
- October 31, 2020: GM Authority confirms that CT5-V Blackwing will go on sale in the summer of 2021 as a 2022 model year vehicle
- November 9, 2020: GM Authority learns that CT5-V Blackwing will wear wider front and rear tires than third-generation CTS-V
- December 10, 2020: GM announces that the CT5-V Blackwing (and CT4-V Blackwing) will ship standard with a manual transmission with 3D printed parts
From a positioning standpoint, the CT5-V Blackwing will be a direct successor to the first-generation ATS-V Sedan. From a mechanical standpoint, the CT5-V Blackwing will be closer related to the third-generation CTS-V Sedan.
The Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing will be assembled at the GM Lansing Grand River plant in Lansing, Michigan.
The Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing will compete directly against the following vehicles:
- BMW M3
- Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG / C63 AMG S
- Audi RS5 Sportback
- Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Additionally, thanks to its larger size, the CT5-V Blackwing will also indirectly compete with the BMW M5, Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG / E63 AMG S, and Audi RS7.
Discuss the Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing in our Cadillac forum.
More CT5-V Blackwing news
The reservation books will open on February 1st at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Pre-orders open February 1.