2017 Buick Velite 5
The Velite 5 is an extended-range electric vehicle from General Motors’ Buick division. A first for Buick, the Velite 5 is exclusive to the Chinese market and is essentially a rebadged second-generation Chevrolet Volt.
Vehicle highligts include:
- Power Split technology used in both pure electric and extended-range mode ensures that each power source contributes its fair share in different driving modes to maintain high energy efficiency and provide consistent driving performance.
- Multiple intelligent safety systems include adaptive cruise control (ACC), lane keep assist (LKA), automatic parking assist (APA) and high-beam assist (HBA). All trims come with 10 air bags as standard.
- Modern aestheticism and compact coupe styling blend with interior spaciousness to meet a range of user needs.
- Keyless entry and push-button start enhance convenience.
- A highly efficient automatic air-conditioning system filters out PM2.5 fine particulate matter and odors.
- A Bose premium sound system has eight speakers for acoustic pleasure.
- Next-generation OnStar telematics service is free of charge for five years. With 4G LTE, users can enjoy a range of safety and security, connectivity and mobility services.
- OnStar’s mobile app enables users to remotely monitor vehicle conditions, such as power level and charging status, and search for public charging facilities.
- An 8-inch high-definition touchscreen supports Bluetooth, voice recognition and Apple CarPlay, offering a safe high-speed connectivity experience for the driver and passengers.
Equipped with GM’s latest intelligent electric drive system, the Velite 5 offers up to 768 kilometers of range in extended-range mode. Its prioritized pure electric driving mode provides 116 kilometers of range, thereby fulfilling consumers’ demand to commute with zero petroleum consumption and zero emissions.
The Velite 5 features GM’s proven EVT electronic controlled intelligent variable transmission. The system has a double high-performance, permanent-magnet electric motor drive unit. This supports its hybrid-exclusive 1.5L direct injection engine as well as its new-generation lithium battery pack.
The 2017 Velite 5’s average fuel economy performance is as low as 0.9 liter/100 kilometers.
The Velite 5 is manufactured in China. It is the first hybrid vehicle manufactured in China with fuel consumption below 1.0 liter/100 kilometers.
The 2017 Buick Velite 5 will offer trim levels:
- 1.5GL is priced at RMB 265,800
- 1.5GS is priced at RMB 295,800
Each of the two trims is eligible for a subsidy of RMB 36,000 from SAIC-GM.
The 2017 Buick Velite 5 was revealed at Auto Shanghai 2017.