2019 Buick Regal
The Buick Regal receives a few minor changes and updates for the 2019 model year, the most notable of which is the addition of a new Avenir trim level. The 2019 Buick Regal represents the second model year of the sixth-generation Regal.
2019 Regal Sportback Changes, Updates, New Features
- Addition of Regal Avenir model in front-wheel-drive
- Addition of ionizing air cleaner
- Addition of Whisper Beige seats with Ebony interior accents interior (for Regal Avenir)
- Addition of 19-inch aluminum wheels with Pearl Nickel finish (for Regal Avenir)
2019 Regal TourX Changes, Updates, New Features
- Addition of ionizing air cleaner as standard on
2019 Regal GS (GS Sportback) Changes, Updates, New Features
- Addition of ionizing air cleaner
2019 Regal Sedan Changes, Updates, New Features
2019 Regal GS (GS Sedan) Changes, Updates, New Features
See the complete list of 2019 Buick Regal changes and updates.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2019 Buick Regal continues to be offered in the following two body styles in North America:
- A midsize four-door sedan model with a liftback hatch called the Regal Sportback, and
- A midsize four-door ruggedized wagon called the Regal TourX
In China, the Regal is offered exclusively as a four-door sedan that looks just like the Regal Sportback, but has a “regular” sedan trunk.
Like all sixth-generation units of the Buick Regal, the 2019 Regal rides on GM’s E2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Malibu (second generation)
- Opel Insignia (second generation)
- Holden Commodore NG
- Cadillac XT4 (first generation)
- Buick LaCrosse (third generation), which rides on the long wheelbase variant of E2 platform
Engines & Transmissions
The 2019 Buick Regal is offered with the following engines and transmissions.
|Manufacturer||Brand||Model||Engine||Wheel Drive||Transmission||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)|
|General Motors Company||Buick||Regal Sportback||2.0L I4 Turbo LTG DOHC||Front wheel drive||9-speed auto M3D||250 / 186.4 @ 5400||260 / 351 @ 2000-5200|
|General Motors Company||Buick||Regal Sportback||2.0L I4 Turbo LTG DOHC||All wheel drive||8-speed auto MRC||250 / 186.4 @ 5400||295 / 395 @ 3000-4000|
|General Motors Company||Buick||Regal Sportback GS||3.6L V6 Naturally Aspirated LGX DOHC||All wheel drive||9-speed auto M3T||310 / 231 @ 6800||282 / 381 @ 5200|
|General Motors Company||Buick||Regal TourX||2.0L I4 Turbo LTG DOHC||All wheel drive||8-speed auto MRC||250 / 186.4 @ 5400||295 / 395 @ 3000-4000|
The 2019 Buick Regal is assembled at the GM-Opel Russelsheim factory by GM Europe for the North American market. A plant operated by GM China and its partner, SAIC, assembles the Regal Sedan vehicle for the Chinese domestic market.
The 2019 Buick Regal follows the regular GM model year rollover sequence and launches in the third quarter of the 2018 calendar year in North America.
We expect that the current, sixth-generation Buick Regal will remain in production for at least the 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 model years, and that an all-new, future Buick Regal will launch after the 2023-2024 model years.
Discuss the Buick Regal in our Buick forum.
Follow our coverage of:
- 2019 Buick Regal Avenir
- 2019 Buick Regal Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Buick Regal Colors
- 2019 Buick Regal Exterior Colors
- 2019 Buick Regal GS Colors
- 2019 Buick Regal Sportback Colors
- 2019 Buick Regal TourX Colors
- 2019 Buick Regal GS
- 2019 Buick Regal Order Guide
- 2019 Buick Regal Sedan
- 2019 Buick Regal Sportback
- 2019 Buick Regal TourX