2019 Buick Envision
The Buick Envision receives notable changes and updates for the 2019 model year, which represents the fourth model year of the first-generation Envision. Enhancements include extra power for the turbocharged four-cylinder engine option along with revised design cues, such as a new grille and lower front valence.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Introduction of new headlights
- New LED taillamps with low-profile design
- Addition of one exterior color
- Deletion of one exterior color
- New wheel availability
- Addition of three new convenience features:
- Addition of Dark Galvanized leather-appointed seats with Ebony interior accents
- Deletion of Ebony seats with Dark Plum interior accents
- Revised ambient lighting on instrument panel and front door trim
- The turbocharged 2.0-liter LTG I4 gets a torque increase of 35 for a total of 295 pound-feet
- New GM 9-speed automatic transmission
- New exhaust system with revised styling
See detailed 2019 Buick Envision changes, updates and new features here: 2019 Buick Envision change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2019 Buick Envision continues to be offered as a compact four-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV) with two rows of seating.
The 2020 Buick Envision offers the following engine choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower / KiloWatt @ RPM||Torque / Newton Meters @ RPM||Axle|
|2.5L LCV I4||Gasoline||Atmospheric||6-Speed Automatic MHG||197 / 147 @ 6300||192 / 260 @ 4400||3.50|
|2.0L LTG I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||9-Speed Automatic M3D||252 / 185.3 @ 5500||295 / 398.3 @ 3000||3.17|
Notably, the turbocharged 2.0-liter LTG four-cylinder sees torque increase by 35 to 295 pound-feet, and is now paired to a new nine-speed automatic transmission.
Like all first-generation units of the Buick Envision, the 2019 Envision continues to ride on the GM D2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- 2018 and newer Chevrolet Equinox
- 2018 and newer GMC Terrain
- 2016 and newer Chevrolet Cruze
- 2016 and newer Chevrolet Volt
We expect the 2019 Buick Envision to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch on or before the third quarter of calendar year 2018.
We expect that the current, first-generation Buick Envision will remain in production for at least the 2019, 2020, and 2021 model years, and that an all-new, future Buick Envision will launch on or after the 2022 model year.
Discuss the Buick Envision in our Buick forum.
Follow our coverage of Buick Envision news.
- 2019 Buick Envision Colors
- 2019 Buick Envision Order Guide
- 2019 Buick Envision Updates, Changes, New Features