2021 Buick Encore
The Buick Encore receives several minor changes and updates for the 2021 model year, which marks the ninth model year for the first-generation sub-compact crossover.
|Assembly location||GM China, GM Korea|
|Engine||1.4L I-4 LUV|
|Drive wheels||Front-Wheel-Drive, All-Wheel-Drive|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of Sport Touring and Essence trim levels
- Addition of three exterior colors
- Deletion of two exterior colors
- Deletion of one wheel set
- Addition of new turbocharged 1.4-liter LE2 four-cylinder engine, which replaces the outgoing LUV unit
- Addition of Forward Collision Alert
- Addition of Safety II Package
See detailed 2021 Buick Encore changes, updates and new features here: 2021 Buick Encore change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 Buick Encore continues to be offered as a subcompact four-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
Like all first-generation units of the Buick Encore, the 2021 Encore continues to ride on GM’s Gamma 2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
The 2021 Buick Encore is offered with the following engine and transmission:
|Engine||Aspiration||Transmission||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)||Axle Ratio|
|1.4L LUV I4||Turbocharged||6-speed auto MNK||138 / 102.9 @ 4900||148 / 199.8 @ 1850||3.53|
We expect the 2021 Buick Encore to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch in the third quarter of the 2020 calendar year.
We expect the 2021 to be the last year of production for the first-generation Buick Encore. As of this writing, the prospect of an all-new, future Buick Encore is uncertain. It is possible that the Encore nameplate will be phased out, while the smaller Encore GX lives on.
See Buick Encore sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and China.
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
Discuss the 2021 Buick Encore in our Buick forum.
The Encore GX picked up the slack.
- 2021 Buick Encore Changes, Updates, New Features