2020 Buick Encore
The Buick Encore receives nominal changes for the 2020 model year. Notably, the Tri-Shield brand has expanded the Encore nameplate with the all-new Encore GX model, which is an entirely separate vehicle that rides on a GM’s newer VSS-F platform.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of one exterior color
- Deletion of 1.4L LE2 Turbo 4-cylinder engine
- Deletion of (MNH) 6-speed automatic transmission
- Oil pan heater is available on all trims
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror and Dual-zone automatic climate control are no longer available on Sport Touring (1SH)
- Satin Steel Metallic is no longer available on 1SV
See detailed 2020 Buick Encore changes, updates and new features here: 2020 Encore change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2020 Buick Encore continues to be offered as a subcompact four-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
The 2020 Buick Encore is offered with the following engine and transmission choice:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|1.4L I-4 LUV||Gasoline||Turbocharged||6-speed automatic MNK||138 @ 4900||148 @ 1850||3.53|
Like all first-generation units of the Buick Encore, the 2020 Encore continues to ride on GM’s Gamma 2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
We expect the 2020 Encore to launch in the second half of the 2019 calendar year, likely in the fourth quarter.
We expect that the 2020 model year will be the first year of production for the second-gen Buick Encore, and that the model will remain in production at least through the 2025 model year.
Discuss the 2020 Buick Encore in our Buick forum.
A feature included in more and more GM vehicles.
A smaller discount is available for 2022 models.
- 2020 Buick Encore Changes, Updates, New Features