2021 Buick Encore GX
The 2021 Buick Encore GX represents the second model year of the first-generation Encore GX small crossover. The Encore GX is positioned between the subcompact Encore and the compact Envision. It receives minor changes and updates for the 2021 model year.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Addition of Exterior molding kit (LPO-level item)
- Addition of Wireless Apple CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto
- Sirius XM Radio now standard on all models
See complete details on 2021 Buick Encore GX changes and updates.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 Buick Encore GX will continue being offered as a compact five-door crossover SUV. As mentioned, it slots between the smaller Encore and the larger Envision and Enclave.
The 2021 Buick Encore GX is offered with the following engine and transmission choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|1.2L I-3 LIH||Gasoline||Turbocharged||CVT||137 @ 5000||162 @ 2500||5.45|
|1.3L I-3 L3T||Gasoline||Turbocharged||9-speed automatic||155 @ 5600||174 @ 1500||3.17|
The 2021 Encore GX will be assembled by:
- GM China (SAIC) at the Dong Yue plant in Yantai, Shandong, China.
- GM Korea at the GM Bupyeong plant in Bupyeong-gu, Incheon, South Korea.
We expect the 2021 Encore GX to go on sale late in the 2020 calendar year.
We expect the first-generation Buick Encore GX to remain in production through at least the 2025 model year. The vehicle will likely undergo a refresh for the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2021 Buick Encore GX in our Buick forum.
Follow our coverage of Buick Encore GX news.
- 2021 Buick Encore GX Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2021 Buick Encore GX Colors
- 2021 Buick Encore GX Wheels