2021 Buick Enclave
The 2021 Buick Enclave receives a few minor changes and updates, and marks the fourth model year of the second-generation Enclave.
|Assembly location||Lansing Delta Township Plant, Michigan, USA|
|Engine||3.6L LFY V6|
|Drive wheels||Front-Wheel Drive, All-Wheel Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico|
|Predecessor||2020 Buick Enclave|
|Successor||2022 Buick Enclave|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of two exterior color options
- Deletion of air ionizer
- Revised availability for electronic positraction, twin clutch axle all-wheel drive option
- Driver Confidence Package is now “Safety Package”
- Driver Confidence II Package (BGP) now shown as Buick Driver Confidence Plus (PDD) in order guide
- Power-sliding moonroof now requires Sound and Sites Package on Essence models
- Revised availability of 20-inch polished aluminum wheels (SQ7) and 8-inch diagonal Buick Infotainment System for Premium models
See detailed 2021 Enclave changes, updates and new features here: 2021 Buick Enclave change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The revised 2021 Buick Enclave continues to be offered as a full-size five-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV) with three rows of seating.
Models & Trims
The 2021 Buick Enclave is offered as a retail or fleet model, with the Preferred being the base model.
2021 Enclave Retail & Fleet Models:
- Preferred 1SD FWD (4NF56)
- Essence 1SL FWD (4NB56)
- Premium 1SN FWD (4NC56)
- Avenir 1SP FWD (4ND56)
- Essence 1SL AWD (4NH56)
- Premium 1SN AWD (4NJ56)
- Avenir 1SP AWD (4NK56)
2021 Enclave Retail & Fleet Trims:
- Preferred (1SD)
- Essence (1SL)
- Premium (1SN)
- Avenir (1SP)
The 2021 Buick Enclave offers a total of eight exterior colors. The Enclave also offers four interior color options and two different seat trims.
The 2021 Enclave color options include:
- 8 Exterior Colors:
- White Frost Tricoat
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Quicksilver Metallic
- Summit White
- Ebony Twilight Metallic
- Dark Slate Metallic
- Red Quartz Metallic
- Rich Garnet Metallic
- 4 Interior Colors:
- Dark Galvanize with Ebony
- Shale with Ebony
- Chestnut with Ebony
The 2021 Buick Enclave is offered with the following engine and transmission:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)||Axle Ratio|
|3.6-liter LFY V6||Gasoline||Atmospheric||9-Speed Auto (M3W)||310 / 231 @ 6800||266 / 359 @ 2800||3.49|
Like all second-generation units of the Buick Enclave, the 2021 Enclave continues to ride on the long-wheelbase variant of the GM C1 platform (or “Chi”) shared most directly with the 2018 and newer Chevy Traverse (second generation).
A shorter version of the C1 platform is used to underpin the following vehicles:
- 2017 and newer Cadillac XT5 (first generation)
- 2018 and newer GMC Acadia (second generation)
- 2019 and newer Chevy Blazer (first generation of the crossover)
- 2020 and newer Cadillac XT6 (first generation)
- 2020 and newer Chevrolet Blazer XL / three-row Blazer
- 2020 and newer “baby” Buick Enclave (China market)
The 2021 Buick Enclave hit dealer lots at the end of the 2020 calendar year.
The starting MSRP for the 2021 Enclave was set at $41,195, same as the 2020 model year, which includes the $1,195 destination freight charge. The starting MSRP increased to $41,495 over the course of the model year.
We expect that the current, second-generation Buick Enclave will remain in production until the 2024 model year, with a refresh expected for the 2022 model year.
See Buick Enclave sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Buick Enclave sales are comprised of all Enclave variants.
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
Discuss the 2021 Buick Enclave in our Buick forum.
Interest-free financing and a national lease are also available. Safety tech package is now standard on all trim levels.
Interest-free financing and a national lease are also available.
Safety tech package is now standard on all trim levels.
- 2021 Buick Enclave Changes, Updates, New Features