BrightDrop Zevo 600
The BrightDrop Zevo 600 nameplate is an electric light commercial vehicle that is powered by Ultium batteries and Ultium Drive motors and purpose-built for the delivery of goods and services over long ranges, and represents the new business’s second product to market. Previously, it was known as the BrightDrop EV600, but its name was changed in April 2022.
|Assembly Location||GM CAMI Assembly, Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada|
|Drive Wheels||All-Wheel Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Middle East|
|Predecessor||Chevy Express, GMC Savana (indirect)|
The first-ever Zevo 600 was created with the intention of combining zero-emissions driving with a range of advanced safety and convenience features more common in consumer electric vehicles. Zevo 600 features and benefits include:
- 300 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque
- Estimated range of up to 250 miles on a full charge
- Peak charge rate of up to 160 miles of EV range per hour via 120kW DC fast charging
- Over 600 cubic feet of cargo area space
- Cargo area security system with motion sensors to help keep cargo secure
- Front sliding pocket doors, wide cabin walkways and a large auto-open cargo bulkhead door all contribute to optimize driver efficiency
- Available at a GVWR of less than 10,000 pounds
- Segment-leading standard safety features, including:
- Additional available safety and driver assistance features, including:
- A 13.4-inch-diagonal, full-color infotainment screen
Early customer interest in the Zevo 600 has been strong, with the first vehicles to be delivered to the first customer, FedEX, by the end of this year. BrightDrop expects to make the Zevo 600 available to more customers to order starting in early 2022. Initial units of the Zevo 600 are being built in an unused area of the GM CAMI Assembly plant in Ingersoll, Ontario while the actual assembly line is being prepared for full series production.
Of course, the new-age EV vans don’t completely topple their ICE counterparts in every measure, which is covered in the new electrically powered van stacks up against the internal-combustion-powered competition in the previously reported GM Authority Capacity Comparison.
See BrightDrop Zevo 600 sales numbers for all markets, including the United States and Canada (coming soon).
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
Discuss the BrightDrop Zevo 600 in our Announcements forum.
Available in three states. It will be the longest pause yet.
BrightDrop Zevo 600 News
Available in three states.
It will be the longest pause yet.