The BrightDrop EV600 nameplate is an electric light commercial vehicle that is powered by Ultium batteries and Ultium drive motors and purpose-built for the delivery of goods and services over long ranges, and represents the new business’s second product to market.
|Assembly Location||GM CAMI Assembly, Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada|
|Predecessor||Chevy Express, GMC Savana (indirect)|
The first-ever EV600 was created with the intention of combining zero-emissions driving with a range of advanced safety and convenience features more common in consumer electric vehicles. EV600 features and benefits include:
- Estimated range of up to 250 miles on a full charge
- Peak charge rate of up to 170 miles of EV range per hour via 120kW DC fast charging
- Over 600 cubic feet of cargo area
- Cargo area security system with motion sensors to help keep cargo secure
- Front sliding pocket doors, wide cabin walkways and a large auto-open cargo bulkhead door all contribute to optimize driver efficiency
- Available at a GVWR of less than 10,000 pounds
- Segment-leading standard safety features, including:
- Additional available safety and driver assistance features, including:
- A 13.4-inch-diagonal, full-color infotainment screen
Early customer interest in the EV600 has been strong, with the first vehicles to be delivered to the first customer, FedEX, by the end of this year. BrightDrop expects to make the EV600s available to more customers to order starting in early 2022. Initial units of the EV600 are being built in an unused area of the GM CAMI Assembly plant in Ingersoll, Ontario while the actual assembly line is being prepared for full series production.
Of course, the new-age EV vans don’t completely topple their ICE counterparts in every measure, which is covered in the new electrically powered van stacks up against the internal-combustion-powered competition in the previously reported GM Authority Capacity Comparison.
See BrightDrop EV600 sales numbers for all markets, including the United States and Canada (coming soon).
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
Discuss the BrightDrop EV600 in our Announcements forum.
Arrival plans to begin production late next year. Our best look yet at the BrightDrop EV600 interior.
BrightDrop EV600 News
Arrival plans to begin production late next year.
Our best look yet at the BrightDrop EV600 interior.