2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 18V400000
- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- General Motors LLC
- OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION
- AIR BAGS
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles. During servicing, a Passenger Presence System (PPS) may have been installed that was not correctly calibrated to the vehicle's seat type. As a result, the PPS may not properly identify an adult passenger from a child passenger in the front passenger seat, potentially causing the air bag to not deploy when it should, or causing the air bag to deploy when it shouldn't.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger PPS seat service kit, free of charge. The recall began August 7, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18208.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V084000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V125000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V151000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V272000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V502000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V781000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 18V358000