2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V272000
- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- General Motors LLC
- ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured March 7, 2016, through March 12, 2016. The memory chip in the electronic brake control module (EBCM) may fail and cause the loss of electronically controlled brake systems including anti-lock brakes (ABS) and electronic stability control (ESC). As such, these vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 126, "Electronic Stability Control Systems."
GM will notify owners, and dealers will install a replacement EBCM, free of charge. The recall began on June 17, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020). GM's number for this recall is 39440.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Recalls For The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V084000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V125000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V151000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V502000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V781000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 18V358000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 18V400000