2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V151000
- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- General Motors LLC
- AIR BAGS
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016 Malibu vehicles manufactured February 16, 2016, to March 5, 2016. The two weld studs that mount the front and rear side impact air bags may fracture and separate from the air bag during deployment. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 214, "Side Impact Protection."
GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the side air bag modules, free of charge. The recall began on April 14, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 31820.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Recalls For The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V084000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V125000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V272000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V502000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V781000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 18V358000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 18V400000