2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V125000
- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- General Motors LLC
- AIR BAGS
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Colorado vehicles manufactured January 19, 2016, to February 2, 2016, Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured January 9, 2016, to January 26, 2016, and 2016 GMC Canyon vehicles manufactured January 21, 2016, to February 4, 2016. The driver frontal air bag may improperly inflate during second-stage deployment in the event of a high speed crash.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver side frontal air bag module, free of charge. The recall began on April 14, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, and GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 28030.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V084000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V151000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V272000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V502000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V781000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 18V358000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 18V400000