2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V084000
- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- General Motors LLC
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Genera Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, Malibu, Silverado and GMC Sierra vehicles. The radio may intermittently fail to provide an audio warning when the key has been left in the ignition and the door is opened or when the driver does not fasten their seat belt. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) number 114, "Theft Protection", and/or 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the radio software, free of charge. The recall began on March 14, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 15808.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V125000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V151000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V272000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V502000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 16V781000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 18V358000
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 18V400000