2006 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 15V064000
- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- General Motors LLC
- ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEM
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2006-2007 Chevrolet Malibu and Malibu Maxx vehicles manufactured April 1, 2006, to June 30, 2006, and 2006-2007 Pontiac G6 vehicles manufactured April 18, 2006, to June 30, 2006. In the affected vehicles, there may be a sudden loss of electric power steering (EPS) assist that could occur at any time while driving.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the torque sensor assembly, free of charge. The recall began February 24, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or Pontiac customer service at 1-800-762-2737. GM's number for this recall is 14772. Note: This is an expansion of recall 14V-153 to cover additional vehicles built between April 1, 2006 and June 30, 2006.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2006 Chevrolet Malibu
- 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 05V486000
- 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 06V417000
- 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 09E012000
- 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 11E009000
- 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 14E044000
- 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 14V153000
- 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 14V224000
- 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Recall NHTSA 14V252000