2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 13V225000
- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- General Motors LLC
- FUEL SYSTEM, OTHER
General Motors LLC (GM) and IMPCO Automotive Division of IMPCO Technologies, Inc. (IMPCO) are recalling certain model year 2011-2013 Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Cargo vans that have a compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel system installed as original equipment by IMPCO. The fuel systems, manufactured February 14, 2011, through February 20, 2013, have a fuel shut-off solenoid connector to the CNG tank that may corrode and form a short.
GM will notify owners and GM dealers/fleets will perform the remedy which will include replacing the solenoid assemblies and fuel pump fuses and adjusting the wiring routing. The recall began on August 5, 2013. GM's number for this recall is 13139. Impco's number for this recall is FA13GM001. Owner's may contact GM Fleet Action Center at 1-800-353-3867.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2013 Chevrolet Express
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 13V001000
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 13V010000
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 13V147000
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 13V544000
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 14V117000
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 14V500000
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 18V267000