2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 13V010000
- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- General Motors LLC
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
General Motors (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013 Chevrolet Express vehicles manufactured November 1, 2012, through December 21, 2012; and model year 2013 GMC Savana vehicles, manufactured November 14, 2012, through November 20, 2012. It may be possible to remove the key from the ignition when the vehicle is running or the transmission is not in the Park position. As such, these vehicles fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 114, "Theft Protection."
GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the ignition lock cylinder and the two associated keys. This service will be performed free of charge. The recall began on February 8, 2013. For more information, GMC owners may call 1-866-996-9463 and Chevrolet owners may call 1-800-630-2438.
General Motors' safety recall number is 12332. Customers may contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Recalls For The 2013 Chevrolet Express
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 13V001000
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 13V147000
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 13V225000
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 13V544000
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 14V117000
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 14V500000
- 2013 Chevrolet Express Recall NHTSA 18V267000