Chevrolet Chile sales decreased 39 percent to 2,044 units in August 2023. The figures place Chevrolet as the country’s second best-selling automobile brand during the month, behind Toyota.
Chilean auto sales figures are limited since reporting only shows the best-selling models in each segment. As such, no sales data is available for vehicles that sell in lower volumes. Nevertheless, individual Chevy model sales performance (for models for which sales data is available) was as follows:
- Chevrolet Colorado sales decreased 48.46 percent to 201 units
- Chevrolet Commercial Truck sales decreased 7.21 percent to 103 units
- Commercial Truck sales include sales of the Chevy N-Series lineup (NKR, NPR, NQR and NPS) and Chevy F-Series lineup (FRR, FTR and FVR)
- Chevrolet Groove sales increased 51.79 percent to 677 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales totaled 168 units
- Chevrolet N400 sales decreased 52.92 percent to 145 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales decreased 30.19 percent to 185 units
- Chevrolet Sail sales decreased 98.63 percent to 11 units
- Chevrolet Silverado sales totaled 151 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 66.31 percent to 253 units
In addition to the models specified, Chevrolet also markets the following vehicles in Chile:
- Chevrolet Captiva
- Chevrolet Camaro
- Chevrolet Spin
- Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV
- Chevrolet Traverse
- Chevrolet Blazer
- Chevrolet Tahoe
- Chevrolet Suburban
During the first eight months of the 2023 calendar year, Chevrolet Chile sales decreased 46 percent to 14,389 units.
Sales Results - August 2023 - Chile - Chevrolet
|MODEL||AUG 2023 / AUG 2022||AUGUST 2023||AUGUST 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The GM Authority Take
The marked drop in Chevrolet Chile sales in August deepens the brand’s negative performance in the South American country, where it has accumulated 11 consecutive months in the red due to a significant loss of volume, itself instigated by changes in the portfolio and the decrease in the inventory of available units. However, this result represents a notable improvement over prior months as total deliveries exceeded 2,000 units.
As was the case in prior months, the decline of Chevrolet Chile sales in August was mainly driven by the collapse in Chevy Sail sales, which is being officially discontinued in the country. Chevrolet’s outgoing entry-level sedan recorded 791 fewer units during the month for a total of 4,167 so far this year. Similarly, the overall decline experienced by other models such as the Chevy Tracker and Onix also contributed to the overall result.
Meanwhile, the Chevy Groove was once again the only model that managed to finish not only August, but also the first eight months of the 2023 calendar year, in the green thanks to healthy double-digit growth. The Groove continues to establish itself as the brand’s best-selling nameplate in Chile, while also holding the title of being the country’s most popular crossover.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Chile sales for August 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q3 2023 sales reports
- GM Q3 2023 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2023
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2023
- GM China sales Q3 2023
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2023
- GM Argentina sales Q3 2023
- GM Chile sales Q3 2023
- GM Colombia sales Q3 2023
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales July 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales August 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales September 2023
- GM Q3 2023 sales U.S.A.