Chevrolet Brazil sales decreased three percent to 29,639 units in August 2023. The figures rank GM as the third-largest car manufacturer in the country, while Chevrolet finished as second best-selling automobile brand, behind Fiat.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales totaled 3 units
- Chevrolet Corvette sales decreased 12.5 percent to 7 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 87.43 percent to 128 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales totaled 328 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales increased 288300 percent to 2,884 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales decreased 18.04 percent to 15,400 units
- Onix hatchback sales totaled 8,345 units
- Onix Plus sedan sales totaled 7,055 units
- Chevrolet S10 sales decreased 3.69 percent to 2,037 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales increased 54.52 percent to 2,341 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 5.01 percent to 6,372 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales decreased 55.51 percent to 109 units
During the first eight months of the 2023 calendar year, Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 19.5 percent to 208,352 units.
Sales Results - August 2023 - Brazil - Chevrolet
|MODEL||AUG 2023 / AUG 2022||AUGUST 2023||AUGUST 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The GM Authority Take
The slight drop in Chevrolet Brazil sales during August interrupted the brand’s seven-month-long streak of consecutive increases in the South American country. Despite the setback, last month’s 29,639 units represent the Bow Tie’s third-highest monthly sales volume in the Brazilian market so far in 2023. The performance enabled the brand to regain second place among the country’s best-selling automobile brands, after falling the prior three months to Volkswagen (which sold 28,806 vehicles during August).
Several nameplates suffered notable drops in August, including the Chevy Onix and Tracker – the brand’s two best-selling models in the country. However, the Onix maintained its position as the best-selling vehicle in the entire Brazilian automotive market, while the Tracker was the most popular crossover. The Chevy Cruze saw the biggest decline, shedding nearly 900 units year-over-year.
In contrast, the all-new Chevy Montana continues its momentum as one of the fastest growing nameplates in Brazil. However, it doesn’t stand out too much in its segment just yet, which is largely led by the Fiat Toro. In addition, the Chevy Spin again posted a healthy double-digit increase, consolidating it as the most popular three-row family vehicle in the local market.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Brazil sales for August 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q3 2023 sales reports
- GM Q3 2023 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2023
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2023
- GM China sales Q3 2023
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2023
- GM Argentina sales Q3 2023
- GM Chile sales Q3 2023
- GM Colombia sales Q3 2023
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales July 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales August 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales September 2023
- GM Q3 2023 sales U.S.A.