Although production of the 2024 GMC Hummer EV Pickup officially kicked off in June 2023, production of the 2 and 2X trim levels were delayed until the beginning of the 2024 calendar year. Now, GM Authority has learned that the latter trim, now being built, is available with the high-performance Watts to Freedom mode.
GM Authority has learned that the 2X trim level of the 2024 Hummer EV Pickup will be available with the Watts to Freedom (WTF) mode. However, prospective buyers must equip their all-electric supertruck with the optional Extreme Off-Road Package (RPO code Z6X), which includes (relevant RPO code in parenthesis):
- 18-inch Black aluminum wheels with machined accents (RCS)
- LT305/70R18 Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires (QMG)
- Full Underbody Skid Plates (NZZ)
- Driver-selectable electronically locking front differential (G93)
- Driver selectable electronically locking rear differential (G94)
- Forward and Rearward underbody cameras, LPO (UXA)
- Black Rear D-Ring Recovery Hooks, LPO (SDA)
- Rocker Protectors with Assist Steps, LPO (S6L)
- Watts to Freedom launch experience
It’s worth noting that the Extreme Off-Road Package costs $9,995.
For reference, both the 2 and 2X trim levels are all-new for the 2024 model year, and include a suite of features and technologies, including GM Ultium battery tech. Positioned below the 3X trim levels, the 2 and 2X trim models are both equipped with a two-motor powertrain, with one GM Ultium Drive motor mounted on the front axle, and a second motor mounted on the rear axle.
Although exact peak output figures have yet to be released by General Motors, the October 2020 Hummer EV reveal stated that the two trim levels would produce an estimated 625 horsepower. For comparison’s sake, the 3X trim is rated at 830 horsepower, or 1,000 horsepower with the optional 24-module battery pack on board.
Another noteworthy update for the 2024 model year is the introduction of the Omega Edition. This new limited-run variant features a unique matte paint finish, special wheels, and a few noteworthy pieces.
In regard to structure, both variants of the GMC Hummer EV – the Hummer EV Pickup and Hummer EV SUV – ride on the wide-body variant of the GM BT1 platform, and are produced at the GM Factory Zero plant in Detroit, Michigan.