The 2024 Corvette introduces the fifth model year for the mid-engine sports car, debuting the hybrid, all-wheel-drive 2024 Corvette E-Ray, as well as a variety of updates and changes for the rest of the lineup. Among the updates is a few new wheel sets for the 2024 Corvette Stingray. Unfortunately, two of these new wheel sets are among the four wheels currently under constraint for the 2024 Corvette Stingray.
According to GM Authority sources, the following four 2024 Corvette Stingray wheels are currently under constraint (relevant RPO codes included in parentheses):
- 19-inch front and 20-inch rear 20-spoke Midnight Gray forged aluminum wheels with Red stripe (Q9A)
- 19-inch front and 20-inch rear 20-spoke Gloss Black forged aluminum wheels (Q9I)
- 19-inch front and 20-inch rear 5-split-spoke Satin Graphite forged aluminum wheels with machined edge (Q9O)
- 19-inch front and 20-inch rear 5-split-spoke machined-face Sterling Silver-painted forged aluminum wheels (Q9Y)
Two of these wheel sets are new for the 2024 model year, specifically the Q9O wheel set and the Q9Y wheel set. Each of these four wheel sets are offered across all trim levels for the 2024 Corvette Stingray. Pricing is set as follows:
- Q9A: $1,495
- Q9I: $995
- Q9O: $1,495 (new for 2024MY)
- Q9Y: $1,495 (new for 2024MY)
At present, the constraint on these four wheel sets is set at roughly 20 percent. In other words, supply for these wheels is currently limited to roughly 20 percent of what GM was originally planning on receiving and selling. It’s unclear at this time when the constraints on these four wheel sets will be lifted.
As a reminder, the 2024 Corvette Stingray is equipped as standard with the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 LT2 gasoline engine, which is rated at 490 horsepower at 6,450 rpm and 465 pound-feet of torque at 5,150 rpm. Output is sent rearwards through the M1L eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. The GM Y2 platform provides the underpinnings, while production takes place exclusively at the GM Bowling Green plant in Kentucky.