Chevrolet Colombia sales decreased 51 percent to 1,817 units in July 2023. The figures place Chevrolet as the country’s second best-selling automobile brand during the month, behind Renault.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Beat sales totaled 9 units
- Chevrolet Blazer sales decreased 81.48 percent to 10 units
- Chevrolet Bolt EUV sales totaled 4 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales increased 100 percent to 2 units
- Chevrolet Captiva sales decreased 53.16 percent to 126 units
- Chevrolet Colorado sales decreased 64.22 percent to 39 units
- Chevrolet Commercial Truck sales decreased 30.77 percent to 333 units
- Commercial Truck sales include sales of the Chevy N-Series lineup (NKR, NPR, NQR and NPS) and Chevy F-Series lineup (FRR, FTR and FVR)
- Chevrolet Equinox sales decreased 46.43 percent to 30 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales totaled 68 units
- Chevrolet N400 sales decreased 3.09 percent to 94 units
- Chevrolet NHR sales decreased 79.55 percent to 45 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales decreased 53.69 percent to 716 units
- Chevy Onix second generation sales totaled 367 units
- Chevy Joy sales totaled 349 units
- Chevrolet Silverado sales totaled 28 units
- Chevrolet Tahoe sales decreased 69.23 percent to 12 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 59.22 percent to 283 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales decreased 94.44 percent to 3 units
- Chevrolet Traverse sales decreased 53.13 percent to 15 units
During the first seven months of the 2023 calendar year, Chevrolet Colombia sales decreased 43 percent to 13,165 units.
Sales Results - July 2023 - Colombia - Chevrolet
|MODEL||JUL 2023 / JUL 2022||JULY 2023||JULY 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The GM Authority Take
The significant contraction in Chevrolet Colombia sales during July continues to deepen the brand’s negative streak in the South American country, where it has accumulated nine consecutive months of declines, reaching historical lows in volume. However, the 1,817 units represent an improvement over June, enabling the Bow Tie to once again take second place amongst Colombia’s best-selling models, an improvement over the fourth position that it took in June.
The overwhelming majority of Chevrolet vehicles offered in Colombia suffered large declines in July. Though some models like the best-selling Chevy Onix and Chevy Tracker posted slight volume improvements on a month-over-month basis, these were not enough to get them out of the red during the month. The same took place with Chevy’s Commercial Trucks as well as some utility vehicles like the Chevy Equinox, which lost the healthy momentum experienced in prior months.
Once again, the Chevy Camaro was the only model to be in the green during July, which is quite an ironic development given that it’s the nameplate with the lowest volume, and the small uptick in sales volume was not enough to impact the overall outcome for the brand. In addition, July represented the second month that the all-new Chevy Montana was available in Colombia, recording a modest volume of 68 units.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Colombia sales for July 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q3 2023 sales reports
- GM Q3 2023 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2023
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2023
- GM China sales Q3 2023
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2023
- GM Argentina sales Q3 2023
- GM Chile sales Q3 2023
- GM Colombia sales Q3 2023
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales July 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales August 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales September 2023
- GM Q3 2023 sales U.S.A.