Chevrolet Chile sales decreased 54 percent to 1,639 units in July 2023. The figures place Chevrolet as the country’s third best-selling automobile brand during the month, behind Toyota and Hyundai.
Chilean auto sales figures are limited since reporting only shows the best-selling models in each segment. As such, no sales data is available for vehicles that sell in lower volumes. Nevertheless, individual Chevy model sales performance (for models for which sales data is available) was as follows:
- Chevrolet Colorado sales decreased 84.25 percent to 57 units
- Chevrolet Commercial Truck sales decreased 47.13 percent to 92 units
- Commercial Truck sales include sales of the Chevy N-Series lineup (NKR, NPR, NQR and NPS) and Chevy F-Series lineup (FRR, FTR and FVR)
- Chevrolet Groove sales increased 107.85 percent to 503 units
- Chevrolet N400 sales decreased 29.88 percent to 169 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales decreased 44.61 percent to 185 units
- Chevrolet Sail sales decreased 96.54 percent to 19 units
- Chevrolet Silverado sales totaled 175 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 91.49 percent to 122 units
In addition to the models specified, Chevrolet also markets the following vehicles in Chile:
- Chevrolet Captiva
- Chevrolet Camaro
- Chevrolet Spin
- Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV
- Chevrolet Traverse
- Chevrolet Blazer
- Chevrolet Tahoe
- Chevrolet Suburban
During the first seven months of the 2023 calendar year, Chevrolet Chile sales decreased 47 percent to 12,345 units.
Sales Results - July 2023 - Chile - Chevrolet
|MODEL||JUL 2023 / JUL 2022||JULY 2023||JULY 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The GM Authority Take
Chevrolet Chile sales were in the red once again during July, seeing a 54 percent drop rate that is curiously identical to what the brand experienced in June. This negative result continues to deepen Chevrolet’s negative performance in the Chilean market, where it has not stopped losing sales volume. In fact, July represents the Bow Tie brand’s tenth consecutive month of declining sales volume.
The steep decline in Chevrolet Chile sales during July was precipitated by steep reductions in volume of the Chevy Tracker and Chevy Sail – the brand’s best-selling models the prior year. Due to a drastic reduction in local unit inventory, both vehicles lost over 90 percent of their sales volume on a year-over-year basis, resulting in a combined reduction of 1,841 units. Meanwhile, the aging Sail is about to be discontinued from the brand’s portfolio in Chile, and a direct replacement has not yet been announced.
For its part, the Chevy Groove was the brand’s only nameplate to post sales volume growth in the Chilean market. The entry-level crossover experienced a significant triple-digit increase in July, continuing to establish itself as the best-selling Chevy in the South American country, where the model made its world debut in late 2020.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Chile sales for July 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q3 2023 sales reports
- GM Q3 2023 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2023
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2023
- GM China sales Q3 2023
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2023
- GM Argentina sales Q3 2023
- GM Chile sales Q3 2023
- GM Colombia sales Q3 2023
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales July 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales August 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales September 2023
- GM Q3 2023 sales U.S.A.