Chevrolet Brazil sales increased six percent to 29,736 units in July 2023. The figures rank GM as the third-largest car manufacturer in the country, while Chevrolet finished as third best-selling automobile brand, behind Fiat and Volkswagen.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales totaled 18 units
- Chevrolet Corvette sales decreased 57.14 percent to 3 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 87.82 percent to 146 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales totaled 335 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales increased 294700 percent to 2,948 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales decreased 1.77 percent to 16,672 units
- Onix hatchback sales totaled 10,260 units
- Onix Plus sedan sales totaled 6,412 units
- Chevrolet S10 sales decreased 13.1 percent to 1,937 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales increased 60.03 percent to 2,026 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 9.34 percent to 5,438 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales increased 43.02 percent to 123 units
During the first seven months of the 2023 calendar year, Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 24 percent to 178,714 units.
Sales Results - July 2023 - Brazil - Chevrolet
|MODEL||JUL 2023 / JUL 2022||JULY 2023||JULY 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The GM Authority Take
Chevrolet Brazil sales saw healthy growth in July, posting one of the best monthly results in recent history. The 29,736 deliveries represent the second-best monthly performance for Chevrolet Brazil sales so far this year, only surpassed by 29,993 deliveries recorded in March. The results also represent Chevy Brazil’s seventh consecutive monthly increase. Despite the solid uptick, Chevy continued to trail Volkswagen and its 41,602 deliveries, ranking third among the country’s best-selling auto brands for the third consecutive month.
Chevrolet’s solid commercial performance in Brazil during July was fueled by additional sales of the all-new Chevy Montana, which launched earlier in the year. Also of note is the significant increase in Chevy Spin registrations. Combined, both models added 3,707 units to the bottom line compared to July 2022, offsetting the drastic year-over-year decline posted by the Chevy Cruze, as well as lower sales volume for the Chevy Onix and Tracker.
The Onix and Tracker – Chevrolet’s best-selling models in the country – suffered single-digit drops in July but maintained healthy gains year-to-date. We should also note that the slight decrease in Onix sales during July cost it the first place spot amongst Brazil’s best-selling vehicles, with the Hyundai HB20 and its 16,937 units outselling the Onix by a mere 265 units.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Brazil sales for July 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q3 2023 sales reports
- GM Q3 2023 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q3 2023 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2023
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2023
- GM China sales Q3 2023
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2023
- GM Argentina sales Q3 2023
- GM Chile sales Q3 2023
- GM Colombia sales Q3 2023
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales July 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales August 2023
- Chevrolet South Korea sales September 2023
- GM Q3 2023 sales U.S.A.