U.S. GMC sales increased 18 percent to 156,005 units during the second quarter of 2023. Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- GMC Acadia sales increased 57.89 percent to 24,205 units
- GMC Canyon sales decreased 10.57 percent to 6,708 units
- GMC Hummer EV Pickup sales decreased 82.72 percent to 47 units
- GMC Savana sales increased 6.85 percent to 7,269 units
- GMC Sierra sales increased 21.64 percent to 75,810 units
- Sierra 1500 sales increased 39 percent to 46,596 units
- Sierra HD sales (Sierra 2500 HD and Sierra 3500 HD) increased 1.5 percent to 29,214 units
- GMC Terrain sales decreased 13.45 percent to 19,697 units
- GMC Yukon sales increased 118.11 percent to 22,269 units
- This line item includes sales for both the Yukon and Yukon XL
During the first six months of the 2023 calendar year, GMC sales increased 13 percent to 286,614 units.
Sales Results - Q2 2023 - USA - GMC
|MODEL||Q2 2023 / Q2 2022||Q2 2023||Q2 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
|HUMMER EV PICKUP||-82.72%||47||272||-86.79%||49||371|
GMC Sierra sales - Q2 2023 - USA
|Model||Q2 2023 / Q1 2022||Q2 2023||Q2 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The GM Authority Take
U.S. GMC sales posted a healthy increase on a year-over-year basis during Q2 2023, likely as a result of better availability of key models. The biggest winner was the GMC Yukon, which rose over 118 percent to 22,269 units. Notably, this figure includes sales data for both the “regular” Yukon and the extended-length Yukon XL.
The GMC Acadia posted a nearly 58 percent jump to 24,205 units. Somewhat ironically, this very robust sales performance comes with the impending debut of the 2024 GMC Acadia, which receive a complete overhaul – one that will see the midsize crossover grow in size to full-size dimensions.
Finally, the GMC Sierra lineup – which includes the Sierra 1500, Sierra 2500 HD and Sierra 3500 HD – saw a rise of over 21 percent to 75,810 units.
As for some notable decreases, sales of the GMC Hummer EV Pickup fell more than 82 percent to 47 units. This drab sales performance comes in spite of a ramp-up in production of the all-electric super-truck. In other words, the produced models have not yet reached dealers for the purpose of delivery to customers.
In addition, the GMC Canyon posted another quarter of slow sales, as volume fell 10.5 percent to 6,708 units. This isn’t terribly surprising since the all-new, 2023 GMC Canyon is still in its launch phase and availability has not yet reached optimal levels.
Looking forward, we expect GMC sales numbers to improve as General Motors continues to iron out production and supply issues of models like the Hummer EV Pickup and GMC Canyon, while beginning deliveries of the GMC Hummer EV SUV. From there, the upcoming 2024 GMC Yukon refresh and 2025 GMC Terrain redesign should bring more interest to Big Red’s lineup, resulting in more sales in the process.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to GMC USA sales for Q2 2022, unless noted otherwise
- There were 77 selling days for Q2 2023 and 77 selling days for Q2 2022
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running GMC sales results
- GM Q2 2023 sales reports
- GM Q2 2023 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q2 2023
- GM Mexico sales Q2 2023
- GM China sales Q2 2023
- GM Brazil sales Q2 2023
- GM Argentina sales Q2 2023
- GM Chile sales Q2 2023
- GM Colombia sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea April 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea April 2023 sales
- GM South Korea May 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea May 2023 sales
- GMC South Korea May 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea May 2023 sales
- GM South Korea June 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea June 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea June 2023 sales
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales