U.S. Cadillac sales increased more than 15 percent to 38,877 units during the second quarter of 2023. Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales increased 4.09 percent to 2,724 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales increased 29.37 percent to 5,396 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 25.31 percent to 11,555 units
- This line item includes sales for both the Escalade and Escalade ESV
- Cadillac Lyriq sales totaled 1,348 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales increased 5.56 percent to 5,734 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 2.62 percent to 6,815 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales decreased 5.25 percent to 5,305 units
During the first six months of the 2023 calendar year, Cadillac sales increased 21 percent to 75,198 units.
Sales Results - Q2 2023 - USA - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q2 2023 / Q2 2022||Q2 2023||Q2 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The GM Authority Take
U.S. Cadillac sales posted a strong increase on a year-over-year basis during Q2 2023. The Cadillac CT5 posted the most sizable jump of nearly 30 percent to 5,396 units, just edging out the 25 percent improvement in Cadillac Escalade to 11,555 units. Notably, the Escalade sales data includes figures for both the Escalade and extended-wheelbase variant Escalade ESV.
The subcompact Cadillac XT4 posted a growth of 5.5 percent to 5,734 units, while the Cadillac XT5 saw a rise of less than three percent to 6,815 units. Looking forward, it’s likely that sales of the XT4 will continue to improve in conjunction with the crossover’s mid-cycle revision for the 2024 model year, so long as supply allows. Conversely, the XT5 continues to post positive gains despite continuing to solider on relatively unchanged for the past several model years.
Notably, the Cadillac XT6 was the only Cadillac model that was in the red, as sales fell more than five percent to 5,305 units.
In regard to the Cadillac Lyriq, 1,348 units of the all-electric crossover were sold during this quarter. There is no percentage increase or decrease from last year – as the Lyriq wasn’t sold during Q2 2022. That said, the Q2 2023 performance represents growth from Q1 2023 figures, where 968 units of the Lyriq were sold.
Looking forward, it’s likely that Cadillac sales numbers will continue to improve as supply woes continue to be resolved and key products are refreshed to make them more attractive. Beyond the refreshed XT4 we mentioned earlier, the Cadillac CT5, CT4 and XT6 are all expected to see refreshes in the near future.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac USA sales for Q2 2022, unless noted otherwise
- There were 77 selling days for Q2 2023 and 77 selling days for Q2 2022
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Cadillac sales results
- GM Q2 2023 sales reports
- GM Q2 2023 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q2 2023
- GM Mexico sales Q2 2023
- GM China sales Q2 2023
- GM Brazil sales Q2 2023
- GM Argentina sales Q2 2023
- GM Chile sales Q2 2023
- GM Colombia sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea April 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea April 2023 sales
- GM South Korea May 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea May 2023 sales
- GMC South Korea May 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea May 2023 sales
- GM South Korea June 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea June 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea June 2023 sales
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales