Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 42 percent to 27,133 units in June 2023. The figures rank GM as the second-largest car manufacturer in the country, while Chevrolet finished as third best-selling automobile brand, behind Fiat and Volkswagen.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales were flat at 0 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Chevrolet Corvette sales decreased 50 percent to 5 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 87.68 percent to 135 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales totaled 325 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales increased 73825 percent to 2,957 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales increased 87.65 percent to 14,680 units
- Onix hatchback sales totaled 8,261 units
- Onix Plus sedan sales totaled 6,419 units
- Chevrolet S10 sales decreased 17.84 percent to 2,436 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales decreased 1.88 percent to 1,510 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 6.68 percent to 4,957 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales decreased 33.33 percent to 84 units
During the first six months of the 2023 calendar year, Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 29 percent to 148,981 units.
Sales Results - June 2023 - Brazil - Chevrolet
|MODEL||JUN 2023 / JUN 2022||JUNE 2023||JUNE 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The GM Authority Take
The strong increase in Chevrolet Brazil sales during June represents the sixth consecutive month of volume growth for the Bow Tie brand in the South American country, which is its third largest market after the United States and China by sales volume. Despite extending Chevrolet’s positive behavior, last month’s performance could not prevent the brand from returning to third place among the country’s automotive best sellers, falling against Volkswagen’s 29,772 deliveries for the second consecutive month.
The increase experienced in June was led by the Chevy Onix. The popular subcompact car line nearly doubled its deliveries on an annual basis, strengthening its position as Chevy’s best-selling model and accounting for 55 percent of the brand’s sales volume during the month. Additionally, the all-new Chevy Montana was once again the fastest-growing Chevrolet nameplate, taking third place on the podium both during the month and during the first six months of the 2023 calendar year, beating out the aging Chevy S10.
Interestingly, the last three numbers of the four-digit sales volumes for the Montana and Chevy Tracker was ‘957’. Both models, which are built atop the GM GEM platform and are assembled at the GM São Caetano do Sul plant, were separated by exactly 2,000 units in favor of the crossover, which was once again in the red and lost momentum in its highly competitive segment.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Brazil sales for June 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q2 2023 sales reports
- GM Q2 2023 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q2 2023
- GM Mexico sales Q2 2023
- GM China sales Q2 2023
- GM Brazil sales Q2 2023
- GM Argentina sales Q2 2023
- GM Chile sales Q2 2023
- GM Colombia sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea April 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea April 2023 sales
- GM South Korea May 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea May 2023 sales
- GMC South Korea May 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea May 2023 sales
- GM South Korea June 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea June 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea June 2023 sales
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales