Chevrolet Argentina sales decreased 20 percent to 2,484 units in June 2023. The figures place Chevrolet as the seventh best-selling automobile brand in Argentina during the month, behind Toyota, Peugeot, Renault, Volkswagen, Fiat and Ford.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 45.49 percent to 960 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales increased 55.56 percent to 42 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales decreased 39.96 percent to 314 units
- Chevrolet S10 sales increased 17.23 percent to 279 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales increased 146.67 percent to 74 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales increased 65.02 percent to 802 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales decreased 42.86 percent to 8 units
During the first six month of the 2023 calendar year, Chevrolet Argentina sales increased five percent to 16,615 units.
Sales Results - June 2023 - Argentina - Chevrolet
|MODEL||JUN 2023 / JUN 2022||JUNE 2023||JUNE 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The GM Authority Take
The not insubstantial drop in Chevrolet Argentina sales during June further deepens the brand’s negative behavior in the South American country, where it has been severely affected by macroeconomic difficulties and restrictions on vehicle imports, as well as the imminent stoppage of production of one of the two models manufactured at the GM Alvear plant. As such, June becomes the third consecutive month that Chevrolet Argentina sales have been in the red.
The drop was once again led by the Chevy Cruze, which sold 801 fewer units than it did during June 2022. The compact car, which will be discontinued by the end of this year, continued to lose ground in June, though it was still able to rank as the brand’s best-selling model in the local market during the month. Similarly, the Chevy Onix also suffered a significant drop, seeing over 200 units subtracted from its bottom line over June 2022.
For its part, the Chevy Tracker achieved a healthy increase in sales during the month, enabling it to continue on a positive path in the Argentine market after local production had begun. However, the crossover experienced a slowing in its growth rate from prior months in June, once again trailing the Cruze as Chevy’s second best-selling model. It’s also worth noting that the Chevy S10 also managed to finish the month in the green despite the competitive disadvantage of being made in Brazil, unlike the vast majority of its locally-built rivals.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Argentina sales for June 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q2 2023 sales reports
- GM Q2 2023 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q2 2023
- GM Mexico sales Q2 2023
- GM China sales Q2 2023
- GM Brazil sales Q2 2023
- GM Argentina sales Q2 2023
- GM Chile sales Q2 2023
- GM Colombia sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea April 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea April 2023 sales
- GM South Korea May 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea May 2023 sales
- GMC South Korea May 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea May 2023 sales
- GM South Korea June 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea June 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea June 2023 sales
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales